• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demos done with GPO Sibelius edition

Share/Bookmark

Demos done with GPO Sibelius edition

Hey everyone,

I'm getting ready to upgrade to Sibelius 4 and the GPO edition and I was wondering what type of quality recordings people are getting with this setup. I checked Sibelius's website, however, I'm sure that they don't do it justice.

Anyone have demos that they've posted using this?

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Demos done with GPO Sibelius edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Hey everyone,

I'm getting ready to upgrade to Sibelius 4 and the GPO edition and I was wondering what type of quality recordings people are getting with this setup. I checked Sibelius's website, however, I'm sure that they don't do it justice.

Anyone have demos that they've posted using this?

Jonny
    Jonny,

You may want to wait. We are reprogramming the next version of the Sibelius GPO. The wait will be worth it.

Gary Garritan

Jonny,

While Gary words are to the wise, my guess is that you want to know what can be done via notation/GPO - specifically Sibelius. If you click on the link in my signature, you'll find a number of files you listen to. All were done in Sibelius. There are also come guitar things there - not GPO (just to warn you). A few tracks were tweaked in other programs: one in Audacity, and one in Gargeband (there I said it...).

Should give you a taste of what it can do.

Hope this helps!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any idea of when the next version will be released? I have a pending project that I wanted to use this on, so if I go ahead and get the version that is already out, will there be an update that we can get? Wow, now I'm starting to sound like one of those guys who only want things and never gives back. Sorry.

You can e-mail me if you don't want to post information. If you want to.

Ron,

Thanks for the examples. I'm going to give them a listen. So they are done straight from Sibelius and GPO Sibelius edition? You didn't use Studio?

Thanks for the help guys.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Jonny,

A qualified yes - if there is one you are curious about, you can PM me, but for the most part they are done in Sibelius, using the Export to Audio feature. As there are limits to my (and anyone's) system, I had to use a few workarounds, but nothing drastic. In other words I wrote it in Sibelius, with no export as a MIDI file into sequencer.

Ron
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Hello

Straight from Sibelius GPO version and run through Altiverb. Not recommended for scoring though as it is not frame accurate, a nightmare for syncronisation.

Intrigued about the update Gary?

http://www.nocturneinseashark.co.uk/hi_full.htm

Cheers Brian

Brian,

What GPO instrument did you use for the hand-clapping?

Nice work!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Go Back to forum