• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know about this Motherboard?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know about this Motherboard?

I’m building a new box and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with this motherboard. Jus want to make sure before the purchase: MSI - KT3V
    Here is a link too:

Thanks in advance!
    MSI - KT3V MOBO

Re: Anyone know about this Motherboard?

I have this board and have had no problems at all. I particularly like the MSI live updates that lets you hook up to the website and automatically check for bios updates, chipsets updates, etc.

To be on the safe side I turned off the onboard sound in the BIOS. I didn\'t want to have any conflicts with my Delta 44 sound card and onboard sound.

Cheers, Scott.

SETH, the mobo\'s you suggest are for P4 - the one MasterMusic asks about is for AMD. I assume he wants an AMD board BTW still wonder what is up with the P4SDX hmmmm... Maybe they are adding 800Mhz FSB support. Oh well one can always dream...

Thanks for the response guys.
    I was debating building the system myself or just have these guys do it. http://www.davincitech.net/new_systems.htm

The difference in price would be only be about 75$, which I don’t mind paying considering the extra cleanup work they do on the inside of the machine with cabling. I had seen a couple of the machines one of the techs was working on and I was just blown away by the presentation of every one of them. They were very well manicured [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good prices for what comes standard too.

The board I was wondering about is used for the standard AMD machines they build.
    It is good to here that this board is a good match for Gigastudio. Now the decision is how much CPU to go overboard on considering GIGA 3.0 coming out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi, If I could offer one piece of advice it would be to not blow your money on the latest, cutting edge CPU.

I am running an Athlon 2000+ that doesnt even raise a sweat. THe good thing is though, these motherboard will support CPU\'s right up into the 3gHz realm. I plan to wait about 6 months and I will buy a 2600 or 2700 speed chip for a fraction of what they cost now. If you have the funds go for as much ram as possible.

Also, depending where you go, some vendors will even assemble the machine for you for free. I have built lots of machines over the years but with the last one I let them do it. If they break something whilst putting it together it is their problem not yours.

Cheers, Scott.

I\'m not familiar with it, but I would suggest getting this one P4S8X
    for similar pricing or this one which is also hyperthread technology compatible P4G8X

main difference in one is only 3 gig of DDR memory and the other is 4 gig of DDR and also hyperthread compatable. also the bus speed is much better than the one that you posted. Hope that helped! ( i realize my boards listed are P4 boards and not athalon, but the prices between both are very very similar these days)

Seth

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Hi, If I could offer one piece of advice it would be to not blow your money on the latest, cutting edge CPU.

I am running an Athlon 2000+ that doesnt even raise a sweat. THe good thing is though, these motherboard will support CPU\'s right up into the 3gHz realm. I plan to wait about 6 months and I will buy a 2600 or 2700 speed chip for a fraction of what they cost now. If you have the funds go for as much ram as possible...

Cheers, Scott.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Very good points Scott.
    I\'m running an Athlon 1800 on WinXP. This was built by Soundchaser. It runs great, except that I\'m running both Sonar and Giga on the same machine. I would like to separate them. Maybe I\'ll just go with the 2000 CPU for now and invest in more RAM.
    I can\'t go over a gig of RAM because Gigastudio is limited to this amount right?

I can\'t go over a gig of RAM because Gigastudio is limited to this amount right?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, I have only (only?!) 1 gig of ram but I plan to get more.

DOn\'t forget that even if Giga can only use 1 gig of ram the operating system, your sequencer, and other apps have already claimed their share. My theory is to try and have enough ram to run everything and STILL have 1 gig left for Giga.

Also, you never know but Giga 3.0 may well utilise more than 1 gig of ram too. (Wouldn\'t surprise me in the least)

Cheers, Scott.

Go Back to forum