• Register
  • Help

Topic: Out of it for awhile

Share/Bookmark

Out of it for awhile

I've not logged in for quite a while, so this question may have already been addressed ... however .... is the Garritan version of the Concert Band libraries available yet?

Thanks,

Dean

Re: Out of it for awhile

Well, when I made my order for this product (when I upgraded to Finale 2007), it was supposed to be out close behind (in the early Fall of 2006). It still is not available. I, for one, would like to be better kept up to date as to the progress of this library. I have many upcoming jobs that I am counting on this for and really believe we have all been more than patient. We're talking now at least 6 months behind schedule....

Bill

Hi...
    Unfortunately, a few "intervening variables" (as we say in the land of statistics), NONE of which were Gary's doing, have slowed the entire pipeline.
    Again...NONE of it was Gary's doing...you might want to look at the posts involving the unauthorized issue of the K2 player... 'nuff said.

Snor

PS-did I mention that the people at Garritan had nothing to do with that?
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by CWillCalho
    Well, when I made my order for this product (when I upgraded to Finale 2007), it was supposed to be out close behind (in the early Fall of 2006). It still is not available. I, for one, would like to be better kept up to date as to the progress of this library. I have many upcoming jobs that I am counting on this for and really believe we have all been more than patient. We're talking now at least 6 months behind schedule....

Bill
    Bill...Gary has been extremely forthright about these issues, even though they are NO fault of his or anyone else's at Garritan. Please check his numerous updates in the top sticky (an update of where we are at), and please see also his lengthy explanation in the "take out your frustration" thread. PLEASE look at these threads!

Gary has stood up and taken heat for a situation that was 100% out of his hands, while the alleged perpetrators (a phrase I learnt from my NYC detective uncles) have gone off scot-free.
    As someone whose day job is professor of business admin., I must say that Garritan has been a model of customer relations in an extremely awkward situation he didn't create or contribute to. While there is no 'win' for anyone in this situation, Garritan and crew have tried their best to make lemonade out of the lemons they have been handed.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

I certainly am not blaming anyone specifically; I just want the product I love the sounds that came with Finale and was wowed to think that they would be embellished with more percussion and a real ensemble-like sound. I'll be one of the happiest guys around when it arrives.

Bill

Dean,

It's coming. We hit a few bumps and it should be soon. There is an issue that needs to be fixed first with the NI Player which I hope will be resolved expeditiously. We're marching forward.

Thanks for the info ... I shall look forward to using it.

Dean

Go Back to forum