• Register
  • Help

Topic: iMIDI, and Legato Portamento 4 Pedal Steel

Share/Bookmark

iMIDI, and Legato Portamento 4 Pedal Steel

I am currently playing a new GVI / GS3 instrument which I am not at liberty to reveal, but the developer has done an excellant job recording, and having a ridiculous amount of articulations using iMIDI, and legato portamento, etc.

I usually prefer to pay for custom insturments as opposed to sitting on my ~~~ and waiting for developers to guess what I might need. I use GS3 / and GVI live and in session work also, and have begged for quality horn sections, Pedal Steel, Acoustic guitar, etc. I have many custom libraies that suit me fine, but have always lacked the Pedal Steel. Sure it's a tough one, and most cats here are probably wanting more Strings too. I have all of the strings I will ever and never need. This new developer is probably reading this, so if you are interested in a quality, realistic Pedal Steel. Respond here to show him there is an interest. If you don't, good. I prefer to have stuff nobody else does. It makes me happy, and financially fatter.

This instrument that I have demo'd this week is awesome, and it won't be a big hit w/ all you symphonic cats, but guys who love to be able to pull off parts that usually require that instrument, this is great. Afterall, when I first starting playing and using samplers it was the venerable Emulator II. I did this to cover instruments that our group didn't have. I still do that, but with much greater accuracy since Nemesys came along.

All Those In Favor, Say I,

JV

Re: iMIDI, and Legato Portamento 4 Pedal Steel

Should be a hit with live players. Not every band needs a full-time PS player, but if you want to cover country songs, let alone Dire Straits, you need a good PS sound. A nice Dobro would be a good follow up.

I don't need it myself, but I appreciate the value of it.

BTW, there are a lot of kids who thing 'emo' is a new thing. Apparently, they haven't listened to many country & western singers...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    ....there are a lot of kids who thing 'emo' is a new thing. Apparently, they haven't listened to many country & western singers...
    Meh. Never thought of it like that before!

-Belbin

Who needs 'emo'? Who needs 'country'?

Hank III delivers 'em all, with a *punch* . . . YEE-HAW!!

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

I'm very interested. I use Whole Lotta Country and American Heartland which has some nice steel sounds. Good for getting the texture, but not so hot for convincing, out front steel guitar playing. This has come up from time to time here...usually ends with someone saying it's impossible to do. But I'm all ears!

(note: would love to have lick based Nashville strat/tele as well).

I am absolutely interested. I bought the Nashville Wire loops in hopes of putting something at least minimally usable together, but am starting to fear it might take forever (please see my question in reply #13 of Topic: No time stretch/Pitch stretching in GS3?).

Go Back to forum