• Register
  • Help

Topic: how can you make an instruments list with Kontakt 2 ?

Share/Bookmark

how can you make an instruments list with Kontakt 2 ?

Hi !

I'm getting more and more samples libraries and it's a pain each time i need to load an instrument , i have to browse and find the right folder to find the right articulations among thousand, i lose much time doing that. Is there a way to make an instruments list like we have in East West Symphonic Orchestra VST instrument ? It would be much faster ... just browsing the list, choosing the right instrument and hop !

Thanks !

Re: how can you make an instruments list with Kontakt 2 ?

Are you using Kontakt 2?

Try rebuilding the database, I guess? I think that's its purpose - to give you a quick, easy-to-access list.

I never use the database because I'm always building my own patches and re-programming constantly, so I'd have to keep rebuilding and rebuilding over and over again, which takes ages.

It takes less time to jump to the folders. I have them arranged in such a fashion that navigation is lightning-fast. It's all about being organized.

I wish K2 had a "smart database update" feature, which just makes quick scans of what you have and only adds the changes from the last database build, rather than re-scanning all your hard drives every single time you rebuild...

I thought the database used to have this feature, but if it did it definitely vanished with the 2.01 update and onward...

-Tom

Re: how can you make an instruments list with Kontakt 2 ?

The quickload feature might help you, do you know it?

Go Back to forum