• Register
  • Help

Topic: Regarding Stradavari -Wow!

Share/Bookmark

Regarding Stradavari -Wow!

I just listened to some of the Strad demos that actual customers have made and I'm told by forum members that they are not fake or exagerated. Wow, that is prety awesom. Someone here did a neat little "It was a good year" cover after only ten minutes of learing...cool! I don't think I'll be able to get it for a while, but I'll be dreaming about it. Anyone here own it and like/not like it?

Also, since no one will answer my question in the Notation section, can anyone just tell me what it is, especially in the sense of why a Cubase user might want it, what it would do that Cubase can't (I'm still in wishlist land of course...I don't make music for profit and I'm totally broke, so are the less expensive versions of their product any good?)

Oh, also, despite a heated discussion in the licensing thread, where I got a tad sarcastic, I wanted to be fair and give a listen to some Bela D demo mp3 but couldn't fiind any on the sight. Does anyone have anything they done with their libraries. I hadn't heard of them before and someone said they have some very inexpensive stuff stuff. (That's always my keyword)
    Thanks folks!
    Last edited by crazyox; 03-30-2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Regarding Stradavari -Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyox
    Oh, also, despite a heated discussion in the licensing thread, where I got a tad sarcastic, I wanted to be fair and give a listen to some Bela D demo mp3 but couldn't fiind any on the sight. Does anyone have anything they done with their libraries. I hadn't heard of them before and someone said they have some very inexpensive stuff stuff. (That's always my keyword)
    Thanks folks!
    Don't misinterpret inexpensive for cheap. Yes they have inexpensive products but also top-notch quality. I have Lyrical Distortion 1 & 2 and Diva Female Soloist. Not only are these fabulous - inexpensive products, but Frank is one of the nicest guys in the industry. I won these in his contests! Now that's unbelievable really, but true. (Don't worry Frank, I'll be buying Spiritual Wind before I get a chance to win it in a contest )

If you want to hear a user demo of Lyrical Distortion, check this out.

You can hear Giovani boys and girls ensembles here:

http://colonelcrush.com/movie/index/00150001

I put this together within days of receiving the lib. I installed the VCU (legato and 'word' builder) program, threw some syllables at it, and moused the notes in with the sequencer. I didn't apply any of the built in filter, expression or attack controls, as I was on a tight deadline. What you hear was just slammed together.

The other instruments use GigaPulse, but I used the Giovani far mic samples which already have "space" and just ran the track through a simple plate reverb to smooth the edges.

The only EQ applied is my usual dialog and non-dialog contours. (I cut the dialog at 600 & 2400, and cut the non-dialog at 300, and 1200 so I can mix the music/fx a bit louder without losing understandability.) There is some limiting applied on the final mix. This is just my usual template, not something specific for Giovani.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys. I never meant to imply he wasn't a nice guy or anything; we just had a difference of opinion on some general rules of licencing, mostly hypotheticals, and I think I ticked him off with my witty by harsh remarks--that's just my sense of humor...not that I don't still see things my way, but it doesn't matter much since I don't use any libraries for anything nut my own personal, single computer, entertainment anyway.

The music made with his lsamples sounds very good to my ears and sounds like a good deal.

Jon,

if you mean Shoeevil then I cannot play it ... but would like to
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Jon,

if you mean Shoeevil then I cannot play it ... but would like to
    Hi Hannes, Do you have the latest Flash plugin? I just tested it in IE6 and Firefox 2, and the server is fine. My son runs it regularly on his Mac.

You can download flash here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Exclamation Re: Regarding Stradavari -Wow!

Stradivari Solo Violin is actually value-for-money.

It is anyway an exclusive technology today, no other instruments sampled or synth, can do it: sound of samplers and realtime continous expression of synth.

BelaDmedia products have an accessible price range too: the good thing is that even if the libs like Stradi or Giovani aren't the colossal large libs of other producers, focusing only on one sound, the price is affordable for everybody interested in owning the best state-of-the-art sound for the single instrument/section.

And Giovani Boys and Girls choir is as exclusive and excellent as Stradivari Solo violin is: no other library can actually compete with the fresh and real sound set of Giovani, for childerns choir sound.

For the same reason, I find Worra's keyboards (piano, organ, harpsichord)products and WestGate Modular series (actually solo/section winds, oboe flute and horns) also excellent for the high quality, and affordable price.

The whole orchestra, made by single instruments sold separately should be quite expensive, like or more than professional orchestral libs: but you don't have to buy all instruments if you just want the best by only one solo for your production.

Well

Until quite recently (let's say half year) I was a loyal customer of EW. Not a bad thing at all. but then the kind and lovely member Gregjazz (www.gregjazz.com) came along (he's a brilliant young guy), and proposed to me these forums as well as a bass he had rendered for Manytone (upright bass). Well that upright bass for 29.95$ (I think) is the best thing I've bought!

And then this got me thinking. Why pay 1000$ or more when you need 1 sound.

Eventually I came to realise that smaller libraries are just as brilliantly, maybe a bit underadvertised... (and a shame for that indeed). and that these "smaller" companies are doing one HECK of a job, because additionally to being developers, they also are musicians, composers, and members over here. So the moment something goes on Frank (Bela D. Media), or Gary (Garritan), or Worra (Worra ) are around to post and discuss. And discuss and this is invaluable! (<- and if I may add the perfect way to fight piracy from my pov...)

Either way I got DIVA from Bela D. Media, and it is just great! A brilliant tool and I got the bundle which came to me (student price) at 180something$. DIVA, DIVA extended and DIVA design! 4 CDs. I also got the strad when in group buy and it was also a pleasure. Nothing like it right now! A really believable and realistic instrument. Hands down!

(Of course, what needs to be said that I'm still extremely happy with EW SO Gold and Gold xp pro. don't get me wrong...)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyox
    I wanted to be fair and give a listen to some Bela D demo mp3 but couldn't fiind any on the sight.
    http://www.beladmedia.com/demo-room.htm
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum