• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do you prefer your RMX libraries organized?

Share/Bookmark

How do you prefer your RMX libraries organized?

Hi guys,

I'm planning a new RMX loop library. I wonder, how does everyone prefer their loop libraries organized in RMX?

a. Like the Metamorphosis Xpander - large suites named by tempo, with similar/related loops marked 'Bigbeat A, Bigbeat B' etc.

b. Like the RMX Factory Library - smaller related suites with embedded tempo names '075-Bigbeat'

c. Genre/Type-based - suites based on Genre/Type of loop. ie. suites named 'Dance', 'Noisy', etc. with various loops inside related by Genre/Type.

Or some other way perhaps? Thanks for your input

Re: How do you prefer your RMX libraries organized?

I like Option C the best.

I think it depends on the material. Just group it logically and use the menus efficiently to save tons of scrolling.

But BPMs are a must, and they need to line up properly, ie 70 BPM must be displayed as 070 at the front of the file so 100 would come after it, etc..

And I've spent hours renaming Rex files where the BPM came in the middle or at the end of the file -please, never do that!

Thanks

Nigel

All of the options would include the loop name prefaced by tempo ie 125-Drumtrack A. That is a must.

Ok, here is another related question. How important is splitting a single loop into all of its seperate elements? ie. How in the RMX library you get a suite containing a full mix, just the snare, just hihats, just the kick etc. This would be opposed to the Classic Stylus Library and Metamorphosis which concentrate more on a wide variety of full mixes.

for me the elements are critical. that is what allows me to easily make the library my own.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

The elements are essential. There is a reason why Metamorphosis and the classic library is the place I go the least.

Go Back to forum