• Register
  • Help

Topic: One more wild idea for RMX?

Share/Bookmark

One more wild idea for RMX?

It would be ultra cool to be able to edit a Groove to trigger on its "4-and" or whatever. Kind of a "syncopate" setting.

I finally got my M-Audio Trigger Finger kind of figured out and was having a blast jamming with RMX in Groove Mode. BTW, anyone else who found the Trigger Finger manual kind of discouraging should look here:
    http://etechdocs.com/tutorials/triggerfinger/intro.html
    It will get you over that first bump and you'll be rolling ;-)

What I suddenly wished for was the ability to play a Groove other than from the beginning every time it's triggered! There's no way to do this, right? Moving Sample Start isn't what I mean.

Nigel

Re: One more wild idea for RMX?

... Can't you do that in groove midi mode? Just play the slices....Or drag the midi track, and edit that...

You want to start in the middle of a pattern right?

Request logged...thanks!

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    You want to start in the middle of a pattern right?

Request logged...thanks!

spectrum
    Yeah, the middle...or anywhere! Thank you!

There is *nothing* around which does this AFAIK, except Ueberschall's Loopeye (in Liquid Instruments).

You can actually achieve this result in RMX by playing the correct slices, but it's counterintuitive and also physically challenging to do in realtime, because you have to separate hearing perception from physical coordination; I'm "hearing" a whole section of a groove, but have to play it in tiny slices.

Another way of looking at it would be to have "bigger" slices, based on 8th notes or half-bars (that's "half notes") for instance.

Brainstorming, you could have something like a Matrix subset of a groove, combining slices, where divisions are set according to note lengths or even rhythmic patterns. That would be sooo cool, groups of 8ths/16ths, 3-3-2 groupings (like Clave)!

ooops...now I'm drooling at the idea of a User-programmable arpeggiator and roll/flam control within RMX (like Pad Kontrol)......

Thanks for listening, Spectrum!

Nigel

Go Back to forum