• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and JABB should be arriving soon..

Share/Bookmark

GPO and JABB should be arriving soon..

Hello guys,

I've just joined this community after following it for months, listening to various compositions made by people around here and drooling over the awesome products of Gary Garritan!

After many months of following the progress of the various libraries that are in progress right now, i just couldn't stand the temptation to begin following the craze. So i purchased GPO and JABB alongside Sonar 6 PE and they should be arriving here soon!

So i just wanted to say hello to you all and i hope to post some of my compositions soon!

Extravaganza
    It's not who you are underneath.
    It's what you do that defines you.

Re: GPO and JABB should be arriving soon..

you'll have fun with those. i just switched to a mac recently, but before then i used sonar on my pc. gpo worked really well with it. my web.mac.whatever site listed below has mostly music i did with sonar if you want to get a feel of how you can make it sound with a moderate amount of work. anyway, if you have any questions about anything once you get it feel free to ask me or anyone in here. a lot of people are familiar with sonar so you should be able to get a pretty quick and insightful response. anyway, best of luck with all of it - and i PROMISE you'll have fun with it.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Thank you keithjfuller!

After all the positive reactions and wonderful demo's of these products i'm absolutely sure i won't be dissapointed.

Your music is actually very nice! I really like the melody of Slow March, great job! BTW, how are the included effect plugins and VSTi instruments in Sonar?

Yeah, my copy of Sonar 6 PE has arrived. So i installed it, started up the program and was quite overwhelmed at first. But i start to find my way around the program right now. I still need to figure out the whole process of editing, mixing and rendering but i guess it isn't to hard.

Now i just need to wait for my copies of GPO and JABB so i can start to produce some real music. Till then, i'm going to learn Sonar!

You'll love them. Congratulations and may your life be filled with musical inspiration (or do I mean perspiration).

Karl

Sonar is a very deep product. Spend some time with the tutorials... you'll be glad you did. I also recommend Scott Garrigus' book Sonar Power. It's the "real" manual for Sonar
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Thank you very much, guys!

@Skysaw:

Yep, Sonar is a VERY deep product. But a VERY good one at that. The included effect plugins are also very nice. But i wonder why they included like, 4 reverb plugins..

Anyway, i'll take a look at the tutorials you said. Thanks for the tip!

Ditto on getting Sonar Power. Those books are a really good help for learning Sonar. Also, work through the Sonar tutorials as they are really a good way to get started. Once you get more familiar with Sonar you'll find it much easier to learn how to use your Garritan instruments within Sonar.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Awesome, GPO and JABB have arrived! I'm going to install them now and i'll tell you my opinion later.

Off to make some pretty music...

Go Back to forum