• Register
  • Help

Topic: you guys see this.......

Share/Bookmark

Re: you guys see this.......

I have it along with the convertor. It works quite well. I find it handy to audition sounds in a sequencer of you have multiple sample formats like SFZ, SF2, STI, GIG, ect.
    I doubt I would use it in place of Kontakt or GS3.

kitekrazy, how good is the converter for converting roland, akai 5k, and kontakt formats to giga formats?

I have CDExtract, and the converter is pretty much the best I've used (chickensys doesnt work at all).

Another quick question : What formats does GS load natively? Only Giga formats, or does it load akai, roland, etc?

Another really quick question : can you layer/split many programs in the same slot? (GS looks like it has 16 slots for 16 channels)

Quote Originally Posted by sambasevam
    kitekrazy, how good is the converter for converting roland, akai 5k, and kontakt formats to giga formats?

I have CDExtract, and the converter is pretty much the best I've used (chickensys doesnt work at all).

Another quick question : What formats does GS load natively? Only Giga formats, or does it load akai, roland, etc?

Another really quick question : can you layer/split many programs in the same slot? (GS looks like it has 16 slots for 16 channels)
    I don't know how well it does with those formats. I bought it because it converted ST formats to gig so I don't need my Sampletank plugin anymore.

Giga loads Akai and SF2.

Yes you can layer sounds in GS.

Go Back to forum