• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Strings With a Beat

Share/Bookmark

Strings With a Beat

this is a tune i wrote using a lot of electronic sounds and drums but also with the GPO String Section. its completely different from anything i've ever written and was kind of inspired by a lot of things. anyway, the strings are used for "hits" but i think it turned out kind of cool. thanks for listening

Strings With a Beat
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Strings With a Beat

Hi, Keith--The description of your piece was interesting, so I'm disappointed that I'm not able to hear it. I don't know what kind of player you're using at your site, but it's been one of those rare cases where my computer can't make heads or tails of it--the page just sits there.----?

Randy
    (rbowser)

Your link takes one to a website that requires the downloading of the Apple software program "Quicktime" before you can continue. I installed this program once and it took over my entire computer system, including making itself the default file player. Never again!

Also, with the proliferation of computer viruses and worms, it isn't a good idea to require people to download a program before they can listen to your music.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

hmm, i didn't realize that this was happening. i looked at it and i think what was wrong was that the file i put up was .m4a which i think only quicktime plays. i changed it to an .mp3, so hopefully that should work. anyway, thanks for giving it a try and sorry it didn't work. if that doesn't work then you can give me a free punch in the head.
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Cool feel and textures Keith!
    The low strings are very effective as hits, and I love that bass line!

Very stealthy groove you've got going here. I imagine it would work very well as underscore (during a montage, especially).

Reegs

Cool piece! It was quite interesting to hear the happy music-box-like notes mixed with the deep ominous strings.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Keith, I tried to listen to this, but... the page asks for an
    ActiveX control. I click OK. Then nothing. I've tried
    several times...

Could you please provide a direct link to an .mp3, perhaps?

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

after looking at this i realized that most of my comments were that it won't play!!! so i went around searching on how to put a direct link to a song and, alas, i did it: http://homepage.mac.com/keithjfuller/.Music/SWAB.mp3

now i'm just sad that it won't take you to my webpage that i spent all week on, but maybe in the future i'll put both on my page.

well thanks to the people who did listen and a big I'M SORRY to those who couldn't get the link to work.
    -Keith Fuller

---

Thanks for fixing that link, Keith -- glad you did!

Very nicely done! Very subtle soundscaping in this;
    well rendered; I like the use of percussion in it and
    the engaging rhythm of it... there's an easy flow to
    it that's really quite infectious!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I was able to hear it (on a MAC) If Windoz users don't have Quicktime they are missing out! Loved your song. Realize that you are into film music so I tried to keep that in mind in terms of there will probably be other things going on.

On my system, the bass synth seemed a bit boomy but I don't know if my system is balanced either. As you know these daze, most things are mixed bottom heavy (a la 70's Reggae) I listened to your other stuff on your site and all I have to say I wish you all the best in scoring as you certainly have a talent for this stuff. Painting the big canvas with sounds and moods.

Thanks for posting!
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast