• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Peace Movement for the Middle East

Share/Bookmark

A Peace Movement for the Middle East

This is a song I wrote with a very slight middle eastern flavour that I am dedicating to the hope of peace in the Middle East.

It is done with the Garritan Stradivari and Gofriller (first time with the GoFriller) with some backup strings and recorded in Digital Performer.

Instead of giving you my interpretation of the music I invite you to visualize your own feelings and thoughts from the piece.

As the situation in the Middle East gets more complicated by the day, it is a time when all involved need to take responsibility for their part.

Click on the HI FI version (it is really only Medium FI - but that is the best we can do without paying a lot of money)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652912

Enjoy! and any suggestions/comments are always welcome!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Re: A Peace Movement for the Middle East

Amen: May there be peace!

Beautifully done, Del. I've listened through this
    several times... a most moving entreaty.

I'm still learning the Strad and Gofry; but I do
    think you did quite a fine job on this, technically,
    as well.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

that really sounded awesome man, its making want to shell out the money for the solo instruments. but it wasn't just the quality of recording that was awesome, the actual tune was really cool. it had a very raw feel and original flavor to it. i just wish it was longer!!!
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

i just posted a few minutes ago, but i don't think i gave your piece its justice. i've listened to it a few more times since and it really is quite a moving piece. it has a classical but also modern sense to it. i hear a lot of major 3s and minor 6s, am i right or just hearing things?

anyway, you did a great job with the articulations and if you would have told me you recorded this with real players i would have totally believed you. but like i said earlier, i only wish it was longer.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Wonderful piece, wonderful thought also.
    It sounds good. Development of the melody, a bit sad -- do I hear a bit of Bloch? --, nice doing!!

As I am on the brink of using the Strad myself, this certainly adds up to my kaleidoscope of possible sounds.

Raymond

Hi Del,

A very pretty and dramatic mesh of sound you've got here! I really like the nearly constant tension in it and the strings behind the solo instruments. And the Gofriller! GREAT RENDER WORK!

This piece describes the Middle East. Yes, most definately.

If you'll permit me to make one suggestion: it's a little too close through headphones. I think if you give it a little more room to breathe and let the reverb swirl and engulf a bit, the sound might even be more representative of what you're trying to represent.

Spectacular job Del!

Lovely Piece, and an excellent rendering.

As for the sentiment for the genesis of this piece.

From the bottom of my heart.............

Amen.

regards Joe

David, Thanks for your feedback - always appreciated!

Ern - thanks - yes - getting the Strad and Gofriller can make a big difference!

Keith - thanks for your two posts - even though I am never totally happy with what I do, the feedback pushes and encourages me to do better.

Raymond - Yes - the music is a bit sad I would guess. Thank God the recent abduction of the 15 marines did not get too serious.

Reegs - thanks for the works of encouragement - and yes the reverb question - thanks for the objective feedback - I will experiment.

Joaz - thanks for your kind words. Loved your jazz chamber piece by the way!
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

That's very good, Mr. Del. Sounds authentic. I liked your pizz entry also. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to hear it.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Del,

Great use of the Strad and Groff. - your handling of them is really fine. The piece is very nice, and peace would be, as well...

I've been listening to a lot of Middle Eastern Music lately (for a class I teach), and you capture some of the flavor(s) well. This is not a criticism, but the one thing we can't/don't do when we write "eastern" style music is to use quarter tones and different tuning systems. That you can evoke the spirit of the region like this speaks well of your abilities.

Like the others I would have like this go on longer.

All the best.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Go Back to forum