• Register
  • Help

Topic: Houston we have a serious MAC problem

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Houston we have a serious MAC problem

So it turns out I cannot run NOTION on either Macbook nor my iMac 17". I click on the icon and it bounces for a couple seconds then nothing happens. What gives??? I know I installed Protege (demo) on my Macbook but I didn't do anything to my iMac yet it still fails to launch the program.

For curiousity, I launched NOTION on my PC and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I kind of need it on my Macbook as I require the portability.

Can anyone help me with this???

Re: Houston we have a serious MAC problem

Okay, I found the problem out- Mac OS 10.4.9 is the problem. ANYTHING with PACE Interlok i-Lok fails to read in this update. That explains why my iMac at home is behaving the exact same way as my Macbook. Both got the most recent update. this is really weird. I guess I should be emailing someone at Pace about this.....

Luckily, I still have my older Macbook SATA drive that I took out for a larger one a while back. That one has OS 10.4.7 which still allows NOTION to launch. Really weird though. I am not sure why 10.4.9 is prohibiting this though. The Syncro-Soft based programs work fine. This is yet another example of why I really hate hardware keys for authorization!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the fix to the problem

Here's the fix:

Just received an email from Interlok service:

This is a problem we have seen with users who updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9
    using Software Update.

To fix this problem, please download and install the combo update from Apple:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304822

So apparently this was a problem. but i am happy to get such quick response from i-lok. Nice job fellas. I followed the instructions and behold, NOTION works again.

Great news. I was hoping something would happen. I live a Windows world, so I was unable to offer a credible clue of what the problem may have been.

Good luck. I now have my Solo strings and am just getting into that now!!!

Hawksong

Lots of audio programs had problems with the 10.4.9 update. I know ProTools, for one, also required the combo update be installed instead of installing from the Apple Software Updater.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    Lots of audio programs had problems with the 10.4.9 update. I know ProTools, for one, also required the combo update be installed instead of installing from the Apple Software Updater.
    yes, that's why the M-Powered Pro Tools Demo wouldn't launch either on my systems.

But, I am very satisfied at how fast Interlok (Pace) Customer service got back to me on this.

Go Back to forum