• Register
  • Help

Topic: MAC OS 10.4.9 problem with Interlok keys

Share/Bookmark

MAC OS 10.4.9 problem with Interlok keys

I updated both my Macbook and iMac to OS 10.4.9 week and noticed over the weekend that my NOTION program failed to launch. I downloaded the software to check my iLok permissions and everything seemed okay. Then I downloaded a trial version of M-Powered Pro Tools (in order to check out the Velvet demo plug-in I got in a music tech mag). Nothing. the icon bounces up and down twice then nothing. All other programs I have including the Syncro-Soft based key authorized programs (like HALion Symophonic Orchestra and Korg Legacy) launch fine.

So I get home (I was away in the States) and try the same thing on my iMac. Same results. Nada. Then I put my NOTION i-Lok into my PC and it launches right away. IS anyone else having these issues (obviously you'd have to be a Mac user and on OS 10.4.9).

Thanks in advances.

Re: MAC OS 10.4.9 problem with Interlok keys

No iLok problems for me on two G5s both running 10.4.9. That's not to say 10.4.9 is perfect, or not perfect . . . I have a couple odd problems here and there and I'm not sure of the causes. But iLoks aren't one of the problems, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene
    No iLok problems for me on two G5s both running 10.4.9. That's not to say 10.4.9 is perfect, or not perfect . . . I have a couple odd problems here and there and I'm not sure of the causes. But iLoks aren't one of the problems, for me at least.
    Ah, so it seems like it's just Intel Macs then (since I have those guys). Gee, I would hate to have to re-install NOTION just to find out that it still doesn't work. But I might do that next just to be extra sure. in fact, I tried re-installing it (without un-installing it first) but it didn't make a difference.

Just received an email from Interlok service:

This is a problem we have seen with users who updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9
    using Software Update.

To fix this problem, please download and install the combo update from Apple:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304822

So apparently this was a problem. but i am happy to get such quick response from i-lok. Nice job fellas. I followed the instructions and behold, NOTION works again.

ProTools bouncing icon not opening has the same fix -- download the combo update. I remember this one happening once before. The incremental update messes up some hidden file.
    JD

Go Back to forum