• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uploading Samples

Share/Bookmark

Uploading Samples

I was wondering if I could get a little help with uploading some mp3's of my own. If anyone could direct me to the place to go I'd appreciate it.

Re: Uploading Samples

If you're wanting a host (I'm assuming you want it free too), I use Ourmedia. Make sure you're only uploading stuff that you've created or that's licensed in the Public Domain or Creative Commons.

Their setup is pretty easy.
    1. Create account at Ourmedia.
    2. Get a "library card" for the Internet Archive (your email for the Ourmedia account and library card need to be the same).
    3. Upload using Ourmedia and then post the URL.
    And then your upload will be there forever (unless you delete it or is a license infrigement), free bandwidth, free for life.

Ok... don't know why you posted it ten times, trouble with connection?

But ya, don't worry if you've uploaded something you shouldn't have, Ourmedia will let you know. They don't care if you'ved used copyrighted work to make something new (ie, a mashup, a fanvid, video mashup) but if you put two copyright works together, like two songs, have one fade in at the end of the other, there's no actual creative process there, and can't be a "product of your work", and will be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeT
    Ok... don't know why you posted it ten times, trouble with connection?

But ya, don't worry if you've uploaded something you shouldn't have, Ourmedia will let you know. They don't care if you'ved used copyrighted work to make something new (ie, a mashup, a fanvid, video mashup) but if you put two copyright works together, like two songs, have one fade in at the end of the other, there's no actual creative process there, and can't be a "product of your work", and will be deleted.
    I have no idea what happened...really weird. I apologize for both the wrong thread (I pasted in the wrong message that was meant for a reply elsewhere) and for the strange repeats. I am desperately trying to delete them, and I do know how, but it is going really slow.

If you don't mind me pasting the inteded message:

For those looking to upload mp3's for free, Dmusic is working well for me so far: Here is the link to my page as an example and the normal address is just the tradition prefix and .com, with Dmusic in the middle (don't you get tired of typing www. all the time?

http://crazyox.dmusic.com/ If you go there, please comment on one mp3. Thanks so much, and once again sorry.

Go Back to forum