• Register
  • Help

Topic: Icons and Skins

Share/Bookmark

Icons and Skins

does anyone know how to add more Instrument Icons and Skins to Kontakt 2.2.1?

I think the skins directory is in \NI\Kontakt2\presets\wallpaper\*.tga
    the ones provided are huge... about 4-500kb each, anyone know what the graphic specs are?

I haven't found a directory for the icons, but it seems like it should be updatable...

thanks...

Re: Icons and Skins

Quote Originally Posted by Stratcaster
    the ones provided are huge... about 4-500kb each, anyone know what the graphic specs are?
    From the K2.1 Manual Addendum:
    You can assign any 16, 24, or 32 bit TGA bitmap to the current instrument (32 bit recommended). The max viewable size is 635 * 201 pixels - bigger sizes will be cut off, smaller sizes will be filled with black.
    I haven't found a directory for the icons, but it seems like it should be updatable...
    It may seem like that, but it ain't.

Re: Icons and Skins

You don't need a special directory for the skins, you can navigate to wherever you have the image you want to use. You do need your images in tga format (targa; see eg., http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/dataformats/tga). I think you need them uncompressed, so its not that efficient. If I remember right, my image editor (Gimp) allows some form of compression when saving as a tga, but K2 doesn't like it, so if you have that option turn it off.

(I've also found occasionally that the skin has dissappeared again when I re-open the NKI, or that it complains that it can't find the skin even though its a monolith when opened in Cubase, but haven't bothered to figure out why this occurs.)

does anyone know how to add more Instrument Icons and Skins to Kontakt 2.2.1?

thanks...

Go Back to forum