• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo Strings have arrived!

Share/Bookmark

Solo Strings have arrived!

Just loaded everything up and I'm off an writing music. I like the pizz and spiccato samples especially. A lot of feeling in the legato samples too. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the sonic quality. I know Jason that you and your team had a tough time on this kit but your hard work payed off in the end. This is a very valuable sound kit.

One question though (not to sound too critical) but why were there no tremolo articulations included? For smaller group writing, I find this particular articulation more than helpful in conveying drama and added textural thickness to my pieces. It also allows for a sense of rhythm and meter. I'm not upset, just curious why this wasn't included. I'm sure over time that this will be available (and I can pretty much hear or imagine how that sounds anyways).

Once again, super job on the Solo Strings. Probably my favorite sound kit to date!

-Dave

Re: Solo Strings have arrived!

Hi

Be sure to get instrument update 1.9 -- the solo strings may work without it, but not very well. I found this out the hard way. After the update, all was well. Great fun so far! Dave, I would imagine since this is Solo String1 there may be a future sound kit with more articulations, etc... Don't know for sure but that would be my guess and hope...

Hawsong

yeah I definitely updated my computer(s) before going ahead with this install. Solo Strings work like a charm. Man I really dig this program!

I don't know why they decided not to include it, but we have it recorded. I imagine we'll do a Solo Strings 2 kit in the near future and I imagine they will be included then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    I don't know why they decided not to include it, but we have it recorded. I imagine we'll do a Solo Strings 2 kit in the near future and I imagine they will be included then.
    Cool. For the price of these sound kits, they are a steal!

Go Back to forum