• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam - don't yer just love 'em...

Share/Bookmark

Tascam - don't yer just love 'em...

I am currently trying to transfer my GS3 over to a new DAW.

On initial installation, no registration number has been generated.

Tascam, to their credit, got back to me pronto with this:

"Your system must generate a registration number. Since it is not, please follow he below utility to correct this.

GigaStudio Registration Issues:

Uninstall GIGA Studio - don't reboot
    To do this
    Go to: Start menu
    Select: All Programs
    Select: Tascam
    Select: GigaStudio 3
    Select: Uninstall GigaStudio 3.0

Run: GigaClean - reboot,
    To do this
    Load: GS3 Application disc
    Go to: explore and find the Giga CD, this is found by right clicking the start menu.
    Select: Utility folder and the GigaClean inside.

3. Make sure the Tascam folder is completely deleted, if not hand delete it now.
    To do this
    Select: My Computer
    Select: C Drive
    Select: Program Files

4. Delete any files with .g3
    To do this
    Go to: Start Menu
    Select: Search
    Select: Files and Folders; your may need to reselect “Files and Folders” when search opens.
    Select: More Advance Options
    Put a check mark for “Search Hidden Files and Folders”
    Search for .g3 within all your root drives C:\D:\E, (do not search network drives).

5. Run the “FIRST ZIP”
    (Do not click on “OK”) Click on “Reset License Engine”
    (Case Sensitive) Password is Giga3
    This utility will force you to reboot.

6. Reinstall: GigaStudio. Do not reboot when prompted to.

7. Run the “SECOND ZIP”. It is a two step process,
    Start the utility click on 'Step 1' button (Do not click on “OK”) Click on “Reset License Engine” – reboot.
    Run the SECOND ZIP again and click on 'Step 2' button.
    Then click OK reopen the Giga studio license manager
    After the second step try to register with the new key.
    Let us know if this doesn't fix your system.

After re-installing GigaStudio, re-install the drivers for your sound card and your Midi interface to ensure that
    GigaStudio sees these devices.

Now you are ready to update to the latest version of Giga here: http://www.tascamgiga.com/downloads.html.

Once you are up to date, re-register your product through the License Manager or by sending us your registration text file located here: C:\Program Files\Tascam\GStudio\registration.txt."

Easy, innit

Jesus.....
    1. E8400 C2D, Asus P5K-E Wifi, , 4GB Corsair 8500 ram, rme MF, sw1000, plugstation, XP SP3, many hosts & plugins

2. E6600 C2D, Asus P5B Delux, 2 GB Corsair 5700, Audiophile 2496, XP SP3, Emu APS, many hosts & plugins

Re: Tascam - don't yer just love 'em...

Swayzak,
    If I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't need a registration number. The easy version is as follows:

1) Back up you current license to a removable medium, such as floppy or CD-Rom.
    2) Uninstall Giga
    3) Copy the backed up license to the new machine.
    4) Install Giga on the New machine.
    5) When prompted, point giga to the license backup from step 3.

It should be that easy. They just gave you the idiot's guide (lengthy and detailed) for a clear conscience. And no, I'm not calling you an idiot.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Swayzak,
    If I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't need a registration number. The easy version is as follows:

1) Back up you current license to a removable medium, such as floppy or CD-Rom.
    2) Uninstall Giga
    3) Copy the backed up license to the new machine.
    4) Install Giga on the New machine.
    5) When prompted, point giga to the license backup from step 3.

It should be that easy. They just gave you the idiot's guide (lengthy and detailed) for a clear conscience. And no, I'm not calling you an idiot.

Belbin

I don't think that works with a different machine.

I've had so many registration issues over the years, I almost abandonded Giga a couple of times. BTW, I've gone through the routine of running the utils..complete and utter pia, but at least they work. Better to be fiddling around with utilities than waiting on tech support...I guess...

I hear G4 will the dongled. I'm not exactly a fan of dongles, but it's gotta be an improvment.

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    I've had so many registration issues over the years, I almost abandonded Giga a couple of times. BTW, I've gone through the routine of running the utils..complete and utter pia, but at least they work. Better to be fiddling around with utilities than waiting on tech support...I guess...

I hear G4 will the dongled. I'm not exactly a fan of dongles, but it's gotta be an improvment.
    I didn't abandon Giga but I did buy Kontakt. I agree the whole Giga registration is annoying.

I avoid dongles as much as possible but some of us upgrade our machines more than once in it's life cycle that dongles relieve a lot of problems.

Go Back to forum