• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 player status?

Share/Bookmark

K2 player status?

Is it time to install the K2 player? Is it working? Also, how do you do it? Do you just download the player from the NI site?
    Thanks

Re: K2 player status?

Collin,

If you can wait just a little longer please do so. If you simply cannot wait, then you are welcome to try what is available now (no guarantees though).

If you go to the GPO Support section there are some instructions that are sticky - one for PC installation and the other for Mac.

Gary Garritan

Thanks Gary, If it's not really ready I think I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Collin,

If you can wait just a little longer please do so. If you simply cannot wait, then you are welcome to try what is available now (no guarantees though).

If you go to the GPO Support section there are some instructions that are sticky - one for PC installation and the other for Mac.

Gary Garritan
    As Sophia said to Miss Ceily in the "Color Purple." "Don't do ie Miss Ceily. Don't do it Miss Ceily. It aint worf it."

I did the darn thing whole hog and loved it until I found that it had altered HP in Finale 2007 to the degree that pizz/arco and some other articulations no longer worked. The sound quality is unbelieable, brilliant and breathtaking, but the compromise is not worth the gain at this time. When the bugs are worked out it will be astounding sound/sample/sequencing performance for Finale/GPO users.

Gary my earler post lauded the sound quality and performance of KP2. I am not trying to deminish this, but the present loss out weighs the gains. I just went a multiple uninstall/reinstall of Finale and GPO last night. I had trouble getting the right files copied and pasted back in place. All is well now. I am back to KP1/GPO/Finale 2007c for now.

Gary I support you whole heartely, and I am saving up my money to pay for my copy of your GPO player for GPO samples. If possible do a partnership with MakeMusic and Sebelius since they are the two most sought after notations software that does not come with true orchestra samples.

Gary when I had the KP2 upgrade loaded the sound was stupendous compaired to the KP1 sound. This fix could boost sales through the roof when people upgrade and realize the difference. I shall miss that glorious wound. I do. I do.

I do not use finale, but do most of my GPO work in cubase 4. Are all the problems limited to GPO in Finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Collin
    I do not use finale, but do most of my GPO work in cubase 4. Are all the problems limited to GPO in Finale?
    Sorry Collin only use Finale for now. I've just ordered Sonar Home Studio 6 XL. I don't have a clue how to use it yet, but I'll learn. Never used a sequencer before. Tried a download of Sonar or Cubase and didn't have a single clue. Just went streight over my head and shaved my head in the process. Someone will come to the rescue on this site.

Go Back to forum