• Register
  • Help

Topic: Plugin graphic loading time

Share/Bookmark

Plugin graphic loading time

Some of my more processor heavy plugins, stylus rmx, A.I.R., etc, take a pretty decent amount of time to load up the graphical interface when I double click the plugin to open and modify it. Would a faster graphics card be the solution to this? Or it it more of a CPU thing? Or perhaps even RAM I suppose? Basically I am just trying to figure out if I should try to go all out with a graphics card when I get a new computer, or if a really fast CPU will do the trick. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Re: Plugin graphic loading time

Hello,
    I don't think it's a matter of too slow CPU or GFX. It's just as it is, I got the same "problem" and since both my CPU and GFX are quite decent, it just can't be the cause. Moreover, for the last, lets say, 3 years I changed those components at least 2 times, and the loading time (of the graphic interface) is still the same... so don't waste your money. Well, unless you want an excuse to be able to play the newest games on highest details!;-]

I have RMX and I too find it is slower than any of my other plugins, I have Spectrasonics Atmosphere and that loads almost instatly.

I have a G5 Quad 2.5 with 4.5gigs of ram.

So I wouldn't worry to much if I were you....
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

It may be that RMX takes a while to load not because of graphics load, but because it scans all the menus for the plug in.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W
    It may be that RMX takes a while to load not because of graphics load, but because it scans all the menus for the plug in.

Nigel

I have a slightly similar question with respect to the mixer/multi page. Is it normal when you click on the drop down menu in the upper middle of the page to take a few moments to scroll to the next factory multi? Is this another case of scanning all the menu presets?

Thanks4Help,
    Jeff<---Thinks Spectrasonics r da bomb!

Are you talking about the previous/next (up/down) arrows? If so, it is perfectly normal, as changing the multi changes the loops, and they take some time to load. But the list (menu) of multis should appear and work quickly, just as any other menu of that kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanatsu
    Are you talking about the previous/next (up/down) arrows? If so, it is perfectly normal, as changing the multi changes the loops, and they take some time to load. But the list (menu) of multis should appear and work quickly, just as any other menu of that kind.
    Sounds like things are working normally. Thank you very much for your response.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by DrXparaMental
    Sounds like things are working normally. Thank you very much for your response.

Jeff
    You're welcome! Glad to hear everything is fine. :-)

Iwanatsu

Go Back to forum