• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A Sign from Above (Work in Progress)

Share/Bookmark

A Sign from Outer Space (Work in Progress)

Hey,

I have GPO and JABB for a few days now, in case you didn't know already, and i love it to death. These two are just a dream come true for me and... well, enough noodling!

After playing with GPO and JABB for a few days, i couldn't wait to post my first piece of music online. Now don't be afraid, i have experience with musical composition for over 13 years, but this is my first composition using GPO.

This piece is my attempt to approach a Sci-Fi flick. It isn't finished yet, but i just couldn't wait to post this. So, here it is.. have fun and post your comments!

http://www.box.net/shared/0jvx6gggis

This piece so far features:

- Garritan Personal Orchestra
    - Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices
    Last edited by Extravaganza; 04-08-2007 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Typing mistake
    It's not who you are underneath.
    It's what you do that defines you.

Re: A Sign from Above (Work in Progress)

Hi--What a great start to your Sci-Fi sound track! Atmospheric and very smoothly done. I await more!

Randy
    (rbowser)

Thank you very much, rbowser-!

I've updated the piece a bit, so just click the link in the first post to hear the update!

Enjoy!

Thumbs up Re: A Sign from Above (Work in Progress)

Looks like these libraries are in some very good hands. Very nice work, Jeroen! Please post it when you finish, it's great so far and leaves you wanting more.

David

Thank you, Leaf! That's really kind of you!

You won't be dissapointed with the final result either. I'm aiming for grand and adventurous. I hope i can make that promise true!

I've uploaded the whole introduction from this piece! So just click the link in the first post to hear the whole introduction. After that bit, the music starts to swell and goes faster and starts to get adventerous.

Enjoy!

Hi Extravaganza,

it is a very nice start with GPO ans shows how very fine GPO can sound... .

Best regards
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

HI Extrava---I've been trying for 10 minutes now to get your new file to download. But the site keeps updating info on how many other "slots" are ahead of me, and I've finally had to back out without hearing the new version of your piece.

There are a lot of online storage sites, and it's good to know what kind of experience visitors have--many of these places are less than great, with long waits, bandwidth restrictions, tenacious pop-up ads etc. This site you're using might work some of the time, but there aren't too many people who'd try to make a link work as long as I have.

Here's my recommendation--A solid site that never detains visitors:

http://www.box.net

The free version is good, but I've been paying $5 a month now, a nominal fee, to have much more storage space and bandwidth. Hasn't failed me yet. I think you should try it out.

One other idea--Perhaps you've gotten yourself caught up in having Results with this Sci-Fi piece, since it's still in the early stages but you've posted two versions of it as a work-in-progress. I love your enthusiasm, and know exactly what you mean when you say you love the Garritan libraries and how inspiring they are to work with. But to be Result oriented is skipping over the period of Flow, discovery and creation which needs to come before the results are polished.

You and your work might be best served if you take a deep breath, take time to finish the piece, and then let us hear it. To work up a piece of any length can take weeks, months to complete. Focusing on the work itself will help it come to full life.

I offer that as a friendly suggestion.--Let me add that I'm very happy to see such an enthusiastic, talented new member here.--Now, I look forward to hearing your piece, hopefully at "Box!"

Randy
    (rbowser)

More please, may I have some more, please. Beautiful start (I hope) of a beuatiful work. I can see the exspanse and feel the glory of a sign to come... I hope this has a happy ending! Is this based on a novel or just inspired by the title? Whichever, it's a great start.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

@rbowser-

I will certainly try out that box storage server. Thanks for the advice.

As for my enthusiasm.. i worked on this piece for 2 days now. So what you said about the time a composition can take to complete is true. But i just like to keep guests updated on my progress. So as soon as i complete a new section thats long enough to call an update, i'll post it!

But i'm going to switch servers now!

@wrayer

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my uncompleted piece!

I just sat down yesterday with a feeling like: I really need to post something up at Northern Sound Source so i can really introduce people to my music. So i sat down at the piano and played something grand, right of my mind and thought.. hey, let's try something grand with GPO! So as soon as i loaded up a big horn ensemble in GPO a simple 'out of this world' melody popped up in my head. So i builded this piece around this simple melody that you hear in the beginning. Then new ideas come flowing into my head and i start to work them out. So thats when this piece was born AND the title A Sign from Outer Space!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast