I'm not sure where this discussion should be posted.
I am wondering if there is a thread or possibly a download of the procedure that the talented members here use to take a song from midi form (after the tweaking and cc adjustments) through the mixing process to a final performance.
I use Finale to write my score and Sonar HS 6XL to tweak the midi data (volume, vibrato, etc.) It's at this point I get a bit lost. I use the Garritan Orchestra to perform the midi data and then ????
What I have tried are:
1) Mixing separate waves for each instrument of the score
2) Loading them into a separate Audio tracks
3) Adding reverb and panning to each track
4) Mixing these tracks into families of instruments and extracting a wave for the families (i.e. woodwinds, brass, percussion, strings)
5) Loading these tracks into a 4 track mixer and finalizing the mix (volume, more or less reverb, etc.)
What I would like to see is how others proceed through this maze to get their final product.
Let me know if I should post this on a different board.