• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Strad/Gofriller: Eine kleine Nachtmusik - Romanze

Share/Bookmark

Talking Strad/Gofriller: Eine kleine Nachtmusik - Romanze

Some friends of mine wanted a few bars of this as background music for a scene in an animation. I liked the way it was sounding, so I kept on going.

Two instances of Solo Strad, two instances of the Gofriller cello (one of which was pressed into duty to stand in for a viola).

Eine Kleine Nachtmusic, K.525 - 2. Romanze (6.9 MB MP3, 05:47)

(Just out of curiosity, for the violinists out there - would you put vibrato on a triple-stop? I don't even know if it's physically possible, but they sounded too flat without any.)
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Re: Strad/Gofriller: Eine kleine Nachtmusik - Romanze

I'm glad you "kept going" on this. I think it's really well done! You catch the subtleties of Baroque volume levels very well, and the "substitution" of 'cello for 'viola works.

You've given one more example of the quality of those Garritan strings in the hands of a skilled musician. If I had any doubts about their suitability for chamber works, you've dispelled them . . . for which I thank you.

I look forward to more such renderings from you. Thank you for some fine listening.

Joe

Nicely done- Sounds quite authentic! Thanks for the post.

del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Very cool! Great job!
    It's not who you are underneath.
    It's what you do that defines you.

Bravo, Jeff.

Giorgio

Nice job, Mr. Jeff. Now, that's realism!

Thanks for posting this.

Best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very nice rendering of a very beautiful work. I enjoy this a lot. Thank You.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Jeff,
    Nice indeed, I've been telling myself I don't need the Gofriller but you probably have change my mind.
    This seems to me like a perfect rendition of the piece which I personally think is it's only fault. I could hear a metronome clicking away in my head while listening. For teaching purposes though this would be hard to beat

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Very enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    This seems to me like a perfect rendition of the piece which I personally think is it's only fault. I could hear a metronome clicking away in my head while listening.
    Thanks for the critique. I do indeed use a metronome, because for some reason when I'm done with a take using a Kontakt or Kontakt 2 plugin, SONAR puts each part slightly ahead of where I actually played it. (This happens whether or not "Enable delay compensation" is checked for the plugin.)

So if I listen to the first part when playing the second, the second part ends up ahead of the first part; likewise for the third part; and the fourth part is further ahead still. So I use the metronome for my timing so that they'll at least end up together.

It's extremely annoying, and if anyone knows how to stop that from happening, I'd love to know how!

(Also, thanks, everyone, for the kind words!)
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast