• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: cool vintage GPO videos

cool vintage GPO videos

I was reflecting a little tonight and wanted to bump these two topics.

Fun stuff.
    There will be a day when GPO is yesterday's news, and we will all be using GPOA.

I think these videos will always be enjoyable to watch.

Wings Of Dreams

Knights and Magic

Re: cool vintage GPO videos

Thanks for bumping these two! I just listened to them both and they're beautiful. But how the hell could you synchronise the music to the video so well..

Craftmanship i tell you, craftmanship!
    It's not who you are underneath.
    It's what you do that defines you.

Thanks for boosting this again, Dan. It'd been awhile since I'd seen them--Once again a thrill to see and hear. Amazing work you did on the synchronization, and Kentaro's music is uplifting and beautiful.

And you said--

"...we will all be using GPOA..."

It is of course wonderful that the Garritan libraries keep expanding and improving, but it's just a tad depressing to me to think of GPO being supplanted with this major upgrade. Why? Because it took me a solid year to re-do my musical, creating the GPO version which was a vast improvement over the hardware synth version I first recorded. BUt I can't let myself set aside everything again, and re-do my show yet again--!--even though I'm sure that GPOA will manage to be even more breathtaking than GPO.

AH well--Progress! Time marches on.--I'm confident I'll still be able to live with the GPO recording of my show.

Thanks again, Dan!

Randy B.

Gosh, those look familiar, Dan! I think I practically have
    them memorized... lol.

Well worth bringing around again, though; especially for
    our many newer members, who almost certainly have not
    seen them.

Time to do another one!

It was really great to see these videos again at the Forum. I have them on CD and play them regularly. What a marvelous rememberance of one of the biggest highlights in the the lives of GPO composers. And, I must add, without your "special" talents, the videos would probably not exist. Just an amazing application of your audio engineering and musicianship gifts.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Randy, I know exactly how you feel.
    I have often wondered what it will sound like to re-record a previous GPO song with GPOA. Someday!

David, thanks again for converting the videos so Windows folks can see them too.

Jack, thanks for posting.
    Although my genuine intent was not for more praise, but more of the thought that many forum visitors may not have seen them. It is still fun even for me to watch and listen, just for the sheer enjoyment of the music.

IT is simply incredible!

for all the people involbved. The composers, Gary, DPDAN, everyone (the orchestra, conductor etc...).

It is a great initiative!

Orcas Island

I am giving this a deserving bump from the archives....

Kudos to all involved!

[edit: please no flaming here]

edit: Never mind.
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Only carebears allowed right?
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast