• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI/GS3 coexisting with K2

Share/Bookmark

GVI/GS3 coexisting with K2

I wonder if anybody managed to get GVI/GS3 running on the same machine in K2. I don't mean both samplers running at the same time - just installed on the same machine. Anybody?

Re: GVI/GS3 coexisting with K2

Sure, I've had all three installed simultaneously, and currently have GVI and K2 installed and frequently use them both in a given Cubase project. I'm sure plenty other folks on here do the same. What sort of problems are you having?

- Chris
    Intel E6600, 4 GB RAM, WinXP Pro, M-Audio Audiophile 192, Cubase 4.5.1, GVI 3.64, Kontakt 3.0.2

No problems. I'm still using GS2.5. But I'm planning an upgrade and need to be sure of compatibility issues before I make my decision.

Thanks for the info. It would also be nice to hear from people who has similar setups that don't work.

Thumbs down Re: GVI/GS3 coexisting with K2

I have installed Kontakt 2, Gigastudio 96 V2.53, halion and numerous other Kompakt players like RA, Stormdrum on the same PC and I have some serious problem. The Kontakt plays OK but the other programmes all have crackling noise as if the streaming pocess is interrupted. i emailed NI about this and they just said that installing Kontakt affect other program on the same computer... Been struggling for a week and no solution yet.

I have GS3 GVI, and the Garriatan Strad (K2Player). I've had lots of issues trying to get either/both of the TASCAM apps running at the same time as the K2 Player, but never a problem running eitherr of them alone.

Belbin

I'm also running GVI and the K2 Player in Sonar 6 but I have to be really careful. First of all there's a 50/50 chance that if I save a project that I've been working on with both players "on". It will crash Sonar when I reopen the project. the workaround that I've used is to turn off both players, then save the project. When I reopen it, I turn on each player and all is fine. Kind of a hassle though.

I had that problem, and didn't know that fix. By "turn off", do you mean to clcik (grey out) the little green light next to the plugin in the FX bin?

Thanks!

belbin

Got no problems at all running the vsti versions of gvi, k2, and various ni-player products with Sonar 6. Currently running the latest 6.2.1 but started with Sonar 5 and worked my way up. Presently running the x64 version under WinXP64 but also have the 32-bit version installed for some user interface functions, like the jabb player's on-screen keyboard that doesn't sound when you click on the keys in the x64 version.

I keep GS3 itself on a more dedicated XP32 machine. The GS3 playback engine isn't at all co-extensive with a vsti engine so I think it would be sub-optimal at best to try and run them both at the same time on the same machine.

Howard

So along similar line of inquiry... has anyone considered (or moreover been successful) at addressing this co-existence via NI Kore?

I realize this would limit the co-existence to K2 and GVI, but for me that would be an acceptable solution given the benefit that, under Kore, you should theoretically be able to access and blend both samplers simultaneously.

I've raised this question in the G3 forum but no one has responded so perhaps those in the NI camp will be able to provide insight?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Go Back to forum