• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Topic: Quiet Times

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Quiet Times

    This tune is called Quiet Times.

    I started with a upbeat song and slowed it down and then kept changing the structure until the two tunes were totally dissimilar. I fought against my melodic instincts and experimented a little bit.

    It's just GPO's Steinway and a pad from SampleTank.


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...et%20Times.MP3

  2. #2

    Re: Quiet Times

    Very nice piece - soothing and original - I like this one.
    Sounds are well produced - sampletank sounds good. Piano - excellent.

  3. #3

    Re: Quiet Times

    That is elegant in its simplicity, Mr. Phil. You did a good job and I enjoyed your music.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: Quiet Times

    i really like the melody. it flows very nicely and is not predictable at all. the chord progression was really cool also. i'd have like you to add more to it. maybe have the entire orchestra start coming in and give the melody to a "bigger" instrument, because while this melody sounds very nice and sort of serene it think it would sound very grand on something like the trombone or french horn. anyway, cool piece.
    -Keith Fuller

    http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

  5. #5

    Re: Quiet Times

    That is a beautiful melody! I would love to hear you replace the pads with some lush muted strings.

    Very Nice!

    Cheers,
    Kenny

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SAN ANTONIO, TX
    Posts
    1,386

    Re: Quiet Times

    Nice sounds-could be from the butterflies and rainbow gendre.
    The brief modulations are effective.
    Gary

  7. #7
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Quiet Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykyndryd
    Very nice piece - soothing and original - I like this one.
    Sounds are well produced - sampletank sounds good. Piano - excellent.
    Thanks Mykyndry. I appreciate your nice comments.

    Phil

  8. #8
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Quiet Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    That is elegant in its simplicity, Mr. Phil. You did a good job and I enjoyed your music.

    My best,

    Larry
    Thanks Larry. I'm glad it got the LGA stamp of approval which means a lot to me.

    Phil

  9. #9
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Quiet Times

    Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    i really like the melody. it flows very nicely and is not predictable at all. the chord progression was really cool also. i'd have like you to add more to it. maybe have the entire orchestra start coming in and give the melody to a "bigger" instrument, because while this melody sounds very nice and sort of serene it think it would sound very grand on something like the trombone or french horn. anyway, cool piece.
    Thank you keithjfuller.

    I was going to orchestrate it some but I got some good weather toward the end of last week and had to work double time in my landscape business so I haven't had the energy to do too much with it. I was still tired after two days off and passed out on the couch last evening.

    And thanks for you ideas.

    Phil

  10. #10
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Quiet Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Long
    That is a beautiful melody! I would love to hear you replace the pads with some lush muted strings.

    Very Nice!

    Cheers,
    Kenny
    I'm glad you liked it Kenny.

    I'll try your idea on it. I also think any orchestration needs to be pretty subtle so as to compliment the melody.

    As it is I'll save it as music for my grandchildren to listen to at bed time.

    But first my vagabond daughter has to settle down long enough to have children.

    Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •