• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Scientists' 'perfect' bacon butty

Share/Bookmark

OT: Scientists' 'perfect' bacon butty

From the BBC.

Scientists have created a mathematical formula of how to make the perfect bacon butty. Experts at Leeds University discovered the secret to the ideal sandwich lay in how crispy and crunchy rashers were.
    They found that two or three back bacon rashers should be cooked under a preheated oven grill for seven minutes at about 240C (475F).
    The bacon should then be placed between two slices of farmhouse bread, 1cm to 2cm thick.

For the mathematically minded:

The formula is: N = C + {fb (cm) . fb (tc)} + fb (Ts) + fc . ta, where N=force in Newtons required to break the cooked bacon, fb=function of the bacon type, fc=function of the condiment/filling effect, Ts=serving temperature, tc=cooking time, ta=time or duration of application of condiment/filling, cm=cooking method, C=Newtons required to break uncooked bacon.

So now I know what I'm going wrong

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/6538643.stm

Re: OT: Scientists' 'perfect' bacon butty

The reason the Updates may have taken so long is that creating the mathematical formula for making the perfect bacon butty took top priority. The fix for the player may have been the result of bacon technology.

Perfect bacon butty is essential to a happy life. The world is now a better place. Time to don the Bacon Scented Bacon Print Tuxedo with glee:

I can do some beta testing if you need.

Yes, please let me beta test too!

It's been hours since I last ate!

Hmmm... but if the BT (Bacon Theory - and why no individual variables for L or T? One would think that the type of lettuce or the size or ripeness of the tomato would act as separate variables.) traces back to Sir Francis Bacon, and if his heirs have improved on his Bacon technological theoretical philosophical constructs, a case of intellectual property infringement may result. It is unfortunate that much additional time may be required to research the potential implications. The issue is further complicated by the obvious fact that the BT mathematical formula lacks the simple elegance of the KT (Kansas theory).

Perhaps if someone had developed a suitable ET (eating theory), there would be less concern about the BT. A good ET would do away with an excess supply of BTs or BLTs. Of course, the need to create an ET to deal with the BT, also must account for the variables of L and T, not to mention the freshness Br (bread) coefficient (as one tends to choke on stale bread) as well as the Bu (butter) and M (mayo) factors, not to mention the numerous optional condiment variables such as A, S and O (avocado, sprouts, and onions). If Mr. G is correct that developing the BT was the source of GPDs (Garritan product delays), and that is highly probable, the need for third parties to create a quality ET to correct the BT (with part of its spaghetti coding dating back to the 1620's) will likely only serve to cause further confusion, consternation, and delays.

uuuuuhh.....wuts a butty?

Quote Originally Posted by conwaylemmon
    It's an alternative English term for a sandwich. Where I grew up in Scotland it was called a piece. In fact a staple diet for us kids growing up was a Jeely Piece - a jam sandwich, immortalised in this song by Adam McNaughton;

http://www.roblightbody.com/scotland/scotlandjeely.htm

good to know, buddy
    thanks
    a jelly piece sounds pretty good right now

Quote Originally Posted by conwaylemmon
    Alternatively known as a 'sarny.'

Go Back to forum