• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 player

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 player

I am an extremely computer-challenged individual who decided to leave the stone age and get with the new technology available today. However, I am having an extremely difficult time with these programs. I have the Strad loaded on my computer. but I cannot open it. When I try to launch Kontakt Player 2, the Mac tells me that the application has quit, and asks me to submit a bug report to Apple. Not sure where to go next, but I'm dying to try the Strad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, minimoog4

Re: Kontakt 2 player

Which version of the operating system are you using?

Gary Garritan

Thank you, Gary, for your interest. I am currently operating OSX 10.3.9 I think this is Panther. I recently purchased this Mac on eBay so that I could run my musical software, and I am struggling, which I'm sure all analog musicians do at first. Anyhow, I'm just trying to get the Strad Kontakt player to open in order to hear the application. I could not get it to work on my PC either, and just assumed I was out of memory (and nearly out of hard drive space. I have plenty of memory now, 3.5 Gigs, 2 hard drives, and 2 processors. Now, I just need to get going. Sorry you have to play nursemaid. I've never had any training, and there were no computers when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Thanks for your help. Clark

Clark,

I think the problem is that the new Kontakt Player for the Strad and Gofriller require OSX 10.4. See if upgrading to 10.4 helps.

Gary Garritan

Thanks, Gary, I'll certainly give it a try. Best Regards, minimoog4 (Clark)

Go Back to forum