• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI - Remote bank/patch change ?

Share/Bookmark

GVI - Remote bank/patch change ?

Hello,

I use GVI on a slave computer, within Cakewalk Sonar 6. I would like to changes the patches but it doesn't work.

The setup was good with GS 2.54 but not able to do the same with GVI.

Can you ? or will it be in a next update ?

Thanks

Re: GVI - Remote bank/patch change ?

I have GS3 and the manual says you can make Program Changes. Look up GVI's manual and see if it says something similar. it should. there would be no reason tascam would just remove that feature. Just open your HTML help file and search for "bank" or "program change".

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    Hello,

I use GVI on a slave computer, within Cakewalk Sonar 6. I would like to changes the patches but it doesn't work.

The setup was good with GS 2.54 but not able to do the same with GVI.

Can you ? or will it be in a next update ?

Thanks
    I do this all the time - in fact, it's an integral part of my setup. I use Logic on a Mac as my DAW, and have GVI running on an external PC with the Forte VST host.

No problems with program change messages here.
    Neither in GS3 nor in GVI.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Does anyone can confirm this with Sonar 6.0 ? it's maybe a bug ...

I believe it is Sonar's problem, someone was confirming this 4-5 months ago, suggesting that people with Sonar 6 and GVI should bug Cakewalk about it. I am in the same situation and will try to get Cakewalk to comment on this.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    I believe it is Sonar's problem, someone was confirming this 4-5 months ago, suggesting that people with Sonar 6 and GVI should bug Cakewalk about it. I am in the same situation and will try to get Cakewalk to comment on this.

Ted
    that's correct. GVI's most current release notes state that this is expected to be fixed in a future sonar update.

Long time no post, Ted...where ya been?

Belbin

Thanks for remembering me Belbin.
    Last fall we built a little house in the Yucatan, on the beach, and there I was for four months, enjoying the people,tequila,fresh fish etc.
    Took my computer down with me and was hoping to get on with GVI. I gave it a good try, but I am spoiled rotten with GS3 and Gigapulse, all my sounds simply flat comparing it with GS3.
    Someone was talking about enbedding Gigapulse in GS3, sample by sample and saving them and using them then in GVI. Is that true? Would you know a thread which would teach me ( an idiot) how to do this?
    My big problem with Sonar 6, crazy, unrelated sounds starting up randomly, maybe was solved by Sonar 6.02 patch. At least I did not get it for a while now.
    Cakewalk Techs did NOT KNOW the program change problem and according to the guy I talked to, they DID NOT HAVE GVI in house (#$%#@!@##)?
    Greetings to you, Oh great Teacher, and I mean this...

Ted

Go Back to forum