• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Strings and Piano with Other Synth Sounds

Share/Bookmark

GPO Strings and Piano with Other Synth Sounds

this piece uses a lot of synth sounds in the background in both D major and minor at the same time, but the piano and strings are GPO. it is actually meant as a background piece of music, so its not very overpowering and sort of lingers - but thats the point of it. anyway, i give a better explanation of it on my site, and if you can't get it to play on the site here is a link directly to the mp3. thanks for listening.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: GPO Strings and Piano with Other Synth Sounds

that was cool Keith!

Dan

Nice, Keith--Very effective sound scape.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Keith, as Randy mentioned, this sort of work is often
    referred to as "soundscaping" -- more devoted to the
    endeavor of creating a mood and emotive sense than
    any strict development... and it can be just as tricky
    as more formal writing -- maybe moreso, in that the
    conveyance of sense is almost solely based on the
    emotive context.

I rather liked this... dreamy, gentle... rather a sus-
    penseful calmness about it...

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

dan, randy, david - thanks for listening. i'm going to start working on some "real" pieces soon. i'm just waiting for my strad and gofriller to get in and i've been busier than the dickens lately. i didn't realize that this type of music was called sound scape - that makes sense. all these years of music theory, bass/guitar/piano and a minor in jazz and i never heard that term before. well you learn something new everyday. thanks again for listening - i always appreciate an audience.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Very cool...reminds me of the impressionistic pieces I am learning in piano. I have never written anything in that style. I may have to give it a try over the Summer...
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Go Back to forum