• Register
  • Help

Topic: Greetings from college...

Talking Greetings from college...

Hello everyone,

It has been crazy being in college! Everything is going pretty well, except when it come to free time! It is funny, I came here to study Music Comp, and I have no time to compose. No, I take that back...over spring break I was asked by the Theater Department to write a tune for their production of Winnie the Pooh. I posted it in the listening room to get a little feedback. I hope that they will let me compose for their production of Julius Ceasar next Fall, but I am not counting on it. Anyway, how are you all doing? I feel like I have not been here for years, and yet I see so many of the same talented people! I will have to listen/comment on a few tonight after Jazz Band. Anyway, I think that I should keep this short. Have a great day!!!

Prowland the posting Ninja

Re: Greetings from college...

Hi Paul!

Welcome back
    I was wondering where you were hiding...

Have a great day too!!
    Take Care,

Hey Steph,

How are you? I have missed everyone here. I have already traded posts with Larry and David...and now you. I am going to try to be on here more often...at least when classes, homework, and practice does not get in the way!

Hey Paul, you gotta show these folks where things are...

The Winnie the Pooh cut is here: Click.

Ain't it a hoot, you go to college to learn to write, and
    for a while, it seems like you do everything but write...
    thought the Pooh piece is a goodly amount of work.

As I said elsewhere, great to have you back in the
    neighborhood, Paul!

Make a dollar bet you get the Julius Caeser.

My best,

Thanks David!

I posted a breakdown of all the classes! Oy!! Do I feel my age!!! LOL

I just noticed in Paul's other post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    The grades in the same order A, pass, A, B, A, A, A
    All that got me into some sort of freshman honors society!
    Talk about doing it up proud!

Paul, grades like that, you most definitely get some
    serious bragging rights!

Orcas Island

Glad you're back among friends and we missed seeing you around here. I remember last summer your mentioning you were going to college (and asking about studying abroad).

What a success story! Not only did you make it though the most difficult year (first year is usually the hardest) but you did so with flying colors - fantasic grades, asked to write for productions and receiving honors. Congratulations!

You are an inspiration to many of us. Hope you're doing a little partying too while at college and that next semester you have time to compose.

Gary Garritan

Howdy Prowland!

Personally I think in music classes all the homework should be: Use what has interested you in what you have learned to compose a piece of music.

Wow, those grades are better than mine...

Best of luck!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Gary and Sean,

It is good to be back...I have got a better handle on pacing around here. Gary, I have had time to go get a drink or two! Sadly, the college is in a dry town...so it takes some extra effort to find a "party"...unless chips and sodas are your idea of a good time!

The 1st term went well, but this term is not over yet!!!! I'm sweating bullets in some of my classes! When I get my final grades in late May or early June...if they are good...I will post them here.

It really is amazing how wonderful and supportive everyone is around here. I have bragged about how great everyone here is, but I think that only composers really understand what you have going on here.

Oh yeah, When will GPOA be out...and will there be an academic price!?!?
    LOL Even if there is not, I will be selling plasma, if need be, to get the darn thing!!!

Have a great day!

Go Back to forum