• Register
  • Help

Topic: changing computers

changing computers

I have gone thru this each time I change computers....not being able to use Finale, and now Garritan. I've gone to a Mac intel...
    Surprisingly, the Finale works fine. I received authorization for both GPO and the Jazz version. I assume there is a middle step...When I open any Finale file, there is no Garritan.
    So far the discussions abouć library files hasn't mirrowed what I see.
    Is there a page which clearly takes a step-by-step approach, or what number do I call for help?

Re: changing computers

i don't have finale, but let me welcome you to the mac intel world. the transition might be a little rough at first - but its a wonderful place once you settle in.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Gary - I want to welcome you to the Mac world, too. I'm new to it myself. Actually, I consider myself lucky because I own a computer from both "camps": the Intel Mac workstation and a Dell Precision workstation. Both are used at the same time for all sequencing projects, thanks to a wonderful program called MolCp III by Music Lab. This is my way around waiting for all of the Mac Intel software updates.

By the way, I've owned the Finale software programs since 1998. I never got the program to work correctly with the included sound fonts until I purchased the Mac computer. (I know that there are countless PC users with the sound fonts, including GPO, working just fine on their machines. I'm just never was able to figure out how to make things work correctly on my Dell Workstation.) The Finale program on the Mac computer works just fine with the included sound fonts. Haven't tried the latest GPO updates, though. I'm patiently waiting for all of the apparent bugs to be worked out first before upgrading.

Again, congrats on the new purchase! Whether Mac or PC, it's just nice to have the latest and the greatest computer underneath one's finger-tips. Of course, those computers get old quickly! I recently read that an eight core computer can be purchased from Apple! Yikes! LOL!

By the way, somewhere in this forum is a thread containing work-a-rounds that members have shared to help get things up and running between the Intel Mac, Final 2007 and the latest GPO. Hopefully a "search" will prove fruitful for you.

Happy composing, Gary!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I've actually been using APPLE since 1980.
    My current situation is not unlike what has occured everytime I get a new Mac.
    I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to continue working in GPO & JABJB.
    Up to now: Finale works!
    JABB seems to be on my hard drive, but doesn't show up
    on Finale files.
    GPO doesn't show up period.
    I received authorization for both programs.
    KONTACT 2 works fine, but has no instruments.
    Any suggestions?

Go Back to forum