• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Melodies of Life

Talking Melodies of Life

Oh my god, I finally have a version that I'm happy with. Two years later of working on this beautiful song, and I finally made a mockup that does it justice. If you recognize it, great, if not, just enjoy!

~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Melodies of Life

i don't recognize it, but its really cool. i love the IV to iv in there. i'm actually working on a song that does that also. anyway, its a cool piece. i really like the the piano part where it walks down and pans back and forth before the electric guitar comes in. thanks for posting.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

FireGS -

I know that I know it because I've whistled each reprise correctly, but your fine orchestration of it has kept me from working at identifying it.

Really clean and clear, and absorbing orchestration. You're right, it's a beautiful melody . . . at least under the hands of a real craftsman!

Thank you for sharing this.

Awesome work, Sam!! Yum... those are quite delicious woodwinds! The mix sounds fantastic, I loved listening to this!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

One of the most beautiful songs ever in any Final fantasy and you've done it justice as well.

Never heard this piece before. You did a great job representing it, though. I appreciate the time spent in providing a wide range of dynamics throughout the arrangement. Nicely arranged and nicely sequenced! Well done.
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Dallas, Texas

Nicely done. I liked the tight and textured orchestration and the embellishments. It captures the mood of the melody just right.

Enjoyed the listen,

Sure do recognize it.

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark,
    For traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart.

I believe it was originally in Japanese, then English,
    as part of a role-playing software game -- but I also
    recently heard it played and sung at a wedding...

Sam, this is a *gorgeous* arrangement of the piece;
    just lovely.

Wow really? At a wedding? GTFO!! Well, Awesome!!

I think it's a GREAT song, loved it since the first time I heard it.

Thanks David!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Never heard this one either, Sam. But a nice rendering of a lovely and simple (in a good way) melody and chord structure. Well done.

Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast