• Register
  • Help

Topic: Addictive Drums

Share/Bookmark

Addictive Drums

Anyone using or have opinions? I downloaded the demo, and overall, I am impressed. The interface is reminiscent of BFD, but simpler and more inviting. Looks like there are less knobs and controls. The sounds are excellent, with exception of cymbals which sound a little thin in the mix. Of course the demo version only gives one cymbal, the full version offers more. The hihat "choke" is very realisitic, and they seemed to showcase this a lot in the demo.

The midi files in demo were pretty good, biased toward rock/pop..but there were some nice 3/4 and 6/8 patterns which seem somewhat rare in drum loops. The demo only gives a small taste, and the full version offers 3000 midi files. However, standard midi files work fine and will trigger the samples.

I'm thinking about getting the full version.

Re: Addictive Drums

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    Anyone using or have opinions? I downloaded the demo, and overall, I am impressed. The interface is reminiscent of BFD, but simpler and more inviting. Looks like there are less knobs and controls. The sounds are excellent, with exception of cymbals which sound a little thin in the mix. Of course the demo version only gives one cymbal, the full version offers more. The hihat "choke" is very realisitic, and they seemed to showcase this a lot in the demo.

The midi files in demo were pretty good, biased toward rock/pop..but there were some nice 3/4 and 6/8 patterns which seem somewhat rare in drum loops. The demo only gives a small taste, and the full version offers 3000 midi files. However, standard midi files work fine and will trigger the samples.

I'm thinking about getting the full version.
    I love it. It has become my "go to" for drums (along with Stylus RMX).
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Is it rock-oriented? That was my main problem with BFD, a little too dense and aggressive. I do a lot of laid back country and gospel. How are the sidestick samples?

Wide range of sounds and very flexible.
    It does focus very much on rock drums but editing capabilities should allow any kit to be modified to any style.

I'm pretty much sold...

The only thing I still am using Battery for is brushes but XLN has promised those are coming for A.D.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I downloaded the demo and fell in love with it, and I have to say once I got the full library, I was much MORE in love with it because there are many more sounds and variety in drums in the full version. The demo version only had 1 of each drum I think (which is understandable given that it's a free demo).

So my opinion is: if you like the demo version, you'll LOVE the full version.

Go Back to forum