• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Violimba

Cool Violimba

A while ago I asked about interest in a violimba sample library, and various people expressed concern that the violimba is such a flexible instrument that it would be impossible to sample, as such. Having now played with my violimba for a while I think they're quite right - doing anything consistent enough to organise as an instrument is next to impossible.

On the other hand it is a superb tool for creating textural beds. I just wanted to gauge interest in a possible library of such textures. Say I was to create a dvd with as many different beds as I can fit on it, is there anyone who would be willing to pay a small fee for it.

I've posted an MP3 of a typical texture - this one was created using a violin bow and cello bow simultaneously, and feeding the pickup from the violimba into my PodXT.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Re: Violimba

Are you sure this is the correct mp3 file? Sounds like a scene from a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    Are you sure this is the correct mp3 file? Sounds like a scene from a movie.

Wow! You are quite right. I have no idea how that happened. It's not something from my harddrive - I guess the mp3 site mad some kind of switch. I'll do it again, and check that the right file is there before I post a link.

Thanks Jay

I tried again and got the same result. I'm guessing there's another file with the same name -so I've renamed mine. Here it is:-

Listening right now. Awesome sounds! I'm not sure if it's something I could use in any of my current projects, but it might fit nicely into something I have in mind for the future.

Sample this thing, by all means!
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

very interesting sound! I've never heard of a "violimba" before...off to google!

I'm very interested!

San Francisco

Um, yes please.

Yup, I'm up for that too - lovely stuff!

Go Back to forum