• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 audio workstations

Share/Bookmark

2 audio workstations

Hello!
    I often read in this forum of the advantages of running 2 workstation (to compose for an orchestra) - one for the sampler and one for the sequenzer). I thought of buying a new computer soon, but I was wondering if it\'s better to get one very good one or two cheaper (I know what you will say: get two very good ones [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).
    The second question is : how do you manage to conect the two systems? So that the sequenzer records the midi files and not the wav file from the sampler?
    I\'d be grateful for any comments.
    Markus.

Re: 2 audio workstations

Originally posted by Markus S:
    Hello!
    I often read in this forum of the advantages of running 2 workstation (to compose for an orchestra) - one for the sampler and one for the sequenzer). I thought of buying a new computer soon, but I was wondering if it\'s better to get one very good one or two cheaper (I know what you will say: get two very good ones [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).
    The second question is : how do you manage to conect the two systems? So that the sequenzer records the midi files and not the wav file from the sampler?
    I\'d be grateful for any comments.
    Markus.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">As of late, I have been changing my tune a bit concerning inexpensive systems. Where previously I was a build-your-own, I have moved to buy-dell-on-sale thinking. This is because I have seen many inexpensive capable PCs for sale at Dell. This is especially true if you can find a deal without a monitor and better yet, without an OS. These systems seem to range from 1.7 GHz Celerons to 2.4 Ghz P4s which leaves you with high performance and low price. My purchase of a 2.4 GHz p4/533/DDR for $300 is testament to this.

Do a search on MidiOverLan to understand inter-computer Midi connections.

Go Back to forum