• Register
  • Help

Topic: More Free Lessons Posted...

Orcas Island

More Free Lessons Posted...

The next few lessons in the "Common Problems in Orchestration" and the final lesson in "Stucture Your Music" course are now online.

You can access the courses here:

"Common Problems in Orchestration" by Professor Alan Belkin is designed to follow up and add to the Garritan/Rimsky-Korsakov online orchestration course. It will add to the concepts and skills in orchestration you have already learned from Rimsky-Korsakov’s book. Each mini-course has a specific problem in orchestration. The examples following propose various solutions, beginning with poor ones (typical of beginners) and finishing with a professional version.

"Stucture Your Music" by Professor Terry Dwyer deals with form and discusses good development to make sure your music is well structured.

The Interactive Principles of Orchestration has recommenced. This is a complete orchestration course based on the classic text with online guidance and interactive flash scores.

Gary Garritan

Re: More Free Lessons Posted...

this is great news. the first posting was a big help, and i'm sure this new one will give everyone some great ideas. i think i speak for everyone when i say, thanks.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Go Back to forum