• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Acoustic Guitar Chords library?

Share/Bookmark

Acoustic Guitar Chords library?

Hi all,
    I am in need of a good Acoustic Guitar library that has more than maj/min chords. The more the better obviously

I am using K2 for a sampler, so any import stories would be appreciated as well. If the libary was really excellent, I would even pick up GVI to run it.

Thanks in advance.

C Hudson

Re: Acoustic Guitar Chords library?

I love MusicLabs RealGuitar (and I think a lot of other people do as well).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I can confirm that also...

I used Real Guitar for demos to give a real guitar PLAYER to play on my album. 6 of the tracks I did were so good with Real Guitar I used them instead! Even the guitar player - who is one of the best session players in Toronto - couldn't believe the detail and versatility of it. It makes it so easy and you can play every possible chord a guitar can, plus control strum time, bend, hammer on's, you name it. Slides are even done across frets instead of the unnatural pitch wheel effect. Buy it!

another proud Musiclab Real Guitar 2 user here! Cant wait to hear their "real strat!" Note that real guitar is a VI and does NOT run in Kontakt, but imo this is not a bad thing, as their VI is EXTREMELY easy to use! Also, dont let the small size of the samples fool you; nothing I've used comes close to the ease of use/quality you can get from Real guitar. Link: http://www.musiclab.com/products/realgtr_info.htm

Chris Heins guitars is another amazing library, however I myself do not own it so I cannot comment on it beyond the videos/audio I've heard on his site. I believe it uses Kontakt player, so perhaps it can also run in Kontakt? Here is the link: http://www.chrishein.net/guitar/chg_productsite.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    another proud Musiclab Real Guitar 2 user here! Cant wait to hear their "real strat!" Note that real guitar is a VI and does NOT run in Kontakt, but imo this is not a bad thing, as their VI is EXTREMELY easy to use! Also, dont let the small size of the samples fool you; nothing I've used comes close to the ease of use/quality you can get from Real guitar. Link: http://www.musiclab.com/products/realgtr_info.htm

Chris Heins guitars is another amazing library, however I myself do not own it so I cannot comment on it beyond the videos/audio I've heard on his site. I believe it uses Kontakt player, so perhaps it can also run in Kontakt? Here is the link: http://www.chrishein.net/guitar/chg_productsite.htm

I'm keen to hear the RG Strat too, but I hope they excercise more stringent quality control for a great sound. I love using RG but the Nylon sound quality is not top-notch IMO. The Steel in RG is fantastic, however.

For actual sampled chords, the Jacaranda and Sonic Implants libraries are nice. The Hans Zimmer stuff is ok too but not as comprehensive (chordally speaking).

I like the look/sound of Chris Hein's Gtrs VI too- it's had excellent reviews- and will probably check it out soon.

Nigel

I confirm .. three words, one letter and a smile : Real Guitar 2 L

A new Kontakt 2 based acoustic VI was released recently: http://www.vir2.com/vir2/products/ac...shd/index.html

Just listening to the demos now. What's kinda neat i that it gives you very wide selection of acoustic makes/models. Plus bonus content like mandolin, banjo, acoustic bass. Actually... the $300 asking price is pretty low considering all that content. Looks like they have some chords as well, which according to the kvraudio.com announcement sound comprehensive (12 chord types, up/down, mute strum, etc.). I just listened to the demos on their site... I'm not totally blown away, but that could also be just the demos. Wouldn't be the first time a set of demos failed to do justice to an otherwise decent library... E.g., the "Cataluna" demo just sounds programmatically stiff... no life or realism. I might buy that product if there was a group buy at some point...

I'm also a RG2 user, which I also highly recommend. Be interested to see what they do with the RealStrat... I know people have been bugging MusicLab for that for quite some time (and I can't say I haven't been impatiently awaiting its development).

Check out Sonivox Muse. I can't stand strums myself, and was shocked @ how many variations came w/ the 4 DVD's. Nylon, Steel 6, Steel 12, blah, blah.

They are well recorded, but I personally think that Dog won't hunt.

RealGuitar may not have the best samples, but it's not bad. The number of instruments is limited. And you probably won't use all the noises and FX (which are laid on a bit heavy in the default presets). But the fact that you can play a chord on a MIDI keyboard and have it re-arranged all the possible ways it could be played on a guitar -- and effortlessly, at that -- made it irresistable.

I like a lot of the things Garritan does, but I just don't go for his idea that you should have to re-learn to play the keyboard (using the pedal in a different way and fooling with the mod wheel) to get it to sound like the instrument. Real Guitar is exactly the opposite philosphy. You just play it and the program does the work. You can make adjustments -- lots of them, if you're willing to spend the time -- but you don't have to re-learn your instrument. I'd love to see this kind of approach applied to other instruments.

Go Back to forum