• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Short Film

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up New Short Film

Hi All!

Just a quick note to let you know that a short film that I scored has been entered into a contest sponsored by Coppola for the release of his new Rosso Bianco wine.

Here is the link: http://www.rossobianco.com/movie/66

The film was too cute not to score and the director, Genevieve McCarty, was a joy to work with.

Enjoy!

Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: New Short Film

Paula,

Which one of the films is the one you worked on? There are several on the page and no indication as to who is responsible for each one.

Thanks.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Nice Legs!

But I wonder why he didn't pour a glass for himself. Were his intentions less than honorable?

Cute movie! Laid-back scoring, very subtle! Nice job!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaquette
    Nice Legs!

But I wonder why he didn't pour a glass for himself. Were his intentions less than honorable?

Cute movie! Laid-back scoring, very subtle! Nice job!

Joe
    Yes! Nice Legs is the one - movie #66. I forgot that there is a screen that you have to enter your birthdate into because it is a wine site.

The contest only allowed for 1:00 minute including credits so I think his glass was never introduced.

This project was a bit of a challenge because the director wanted the romantic swell and key change like Brion did in his Punch Drunk melody. She actually sent me a mock up of the film with that piece synced to it to work with.

I only had 24 hours to do this so there are a lot of things that I wish I could have mixed better. I am still getting some shot gunning in the string vibratos that I wish I knew how to deal with but overall, I think it turned out OK and she was happy with the finished product.

Thank you for your comments. BTW, I also want to apologize for my absence from the forum, but I have been having bummer computer problems so my internet time has been limited. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to participate more now that things seem to be getting back on track.

Peace!
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

That was absolutely delightful!!! Your music fit the action and tone of the movie so well! I bet the director must have been very pleased. Good luck with the contest!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Nice job on this, Paula! Subtle and understated, appropriate
    to the tenor of the subject.

Good luck with the contest!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hello, Paula--This site should still be working, yes? I just now saw your post for the first time and wanted to take a look/listen--but after entering my birthday no less than 5 times, I still couldn't get past the splash page. --?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Nice work on this - understated music to compliment the video. Suited to the product. I had to watch it twice as I forgot about the music halfway through (a sign that the composer is doing her job-but I am supposed to be listening to the music to make comments) Without the music the wine would have been much dryer and much worse off.

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello, Paula--This site should still be working, yes? I just now saw your post for the first time and wanted to take a look/listen--but after entering my birthday no less than 5 times, I still couldn't get past the splash page. --?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    I'm not sure why it wouldn't let you in. Maybe they are doing maintenance? Anyways, here is the last draft of the film that is missing the credit page and one scene change was made before posting it to the RossoBianco website. The change was made to avoid a jump-cut that the director didn't like but it didn't affect the score so it is the same here as the one on the wine website.

It's funny, but even though I know it is a silly contest that anyone can enter, I never thought in my wildest dreams that Coppola would ever hear my music. I encourage everyone to take a chance on working on student films or finding stock footage to practice scoring to. You never know what could happen, no matter how tiny you might feel in this world of amazing composers.

Thank you to everone for taking the time to look. The voting is on May 4th, so I will let you know the results.

Best,
    ~Paula
    Last edited by Drumroll; 04-23-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the link to the video
    Cheers!
    Paula

Go Back to forum