• Register
  • Help

Topic: Has Anyone Run VST Plugins From A Second Computer?

Share/Bookmark

Has Anyone Run VST Plugins From A Second Computer?

I just bought the EWSQSO Platinum version (60 Hours of O.T.) and now find that they recommend running the sample library from a second slave computer. Has anyone here done that successfully?

I have an old P4 computer lying around that I could use with a SoundBlaster Xfi card in it. If you actually do this, how do you do it? FX Teleport? What about latency? What DAW do you run the second machine from?

Thank you,

Michael

Re: Has Anyone Run VST Plugins From A Second Computer?

I often do it using MidiOverLan, with Forte as the VST host, triggering Absynth, Stormdrum and occasionally EW Gold and it works well.

I have no experience with FXTeleport.

Hey Steve -

Have you by chance ever tried running forte in Windows XP x64 version? I'm thinking of moving to that platform and would need a standalong VST host if I do. If so, just wondering what your experience has been.

Thanks!

buzz

Hi,

No xp 64 here. Just XP SP-1 ( slightly more effecient than sp-2 )

No noticable latency issues at all over the LAN and I'm very used to working at 1.5 or 2.9 ms ( no higher ) in Sonar.
    Everything feels totally tight ... as good as my harware keyboard triggering it's own sounds.

Steve

i have a p4 that i use only for loading vst instruments....both of the pc's have windows xp 64...everything fine here with fx-teleport ..the only thing is a bit of latency but i load piano and "real-time" instruments from the computer where i have cubase (the host) so i have no problems...

sorry i correct myself.....i'm having serious problems to use fx-teleport with xp 64...it's a problem now...eheh believe me ...the best thing to do is get an octo core with 16 gb of ram ..

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    i have a p4 that i use only for loading vst instruments....both of the pc's have windows xp 64...everything fine here with fx-teleport ..the only thing is a bit of latency but i load piano and "real-time" instruments from the computer where i have cubase (the host) so i have no problems...

sorry i correct myself.....i'm having serious problems to use fx-teleport with xp 64...it's a problem now...eheh believe me ...the best thing to do is get an octo core with 16 gb of ram ..

hi,
    just to update you on my situation.....on my pc's fxt seems to have problems with kontakt2...i will see if i can fix this...btw Fxt is a great tool! bye

Go Back to forum