• Register
  • Help

Topic: New KSP script available: speedcontrol

New KSP script available: speedcontrol

I just finished the development of a new KSP script for the use in Kontakt 2. It is called SPEEDCONTROL and it automaticly activates keyswitches (KS) based on the speed of playing the notes.

The Speedcontrol module is a script for the Kontakt 2 sampler which checks the time between two notes played and depending on this value it may send a keyswitch to change the sound. This can i.e. be used to switch from violin-portamento sounds played in slow passages to spiccato sounds in fast passages.
    Speedcontrol can be run in two different modes and lets you define the timebased threshold level for switching samplesounds. To make life's easier it's already equipped with a small set of presets so that you can immediatly load you favourite instruments and start playing around.
    A PDF-Documentation and as a goodie an Ultraedit wordfile for syntax highlighting is included as well.

The script was ecspecially created for GSV and GPO. You'll need the full version of Kontakt2 and you need the v1.07 version of the Strad to use it. The newer Strad version cannot be modified to use a custom script. For the GPO instruments this is no problem.

I was not able to upload the package to the Garritan support page but you can find the package also at http://www.beatprisoner.com

Updated version v1.1.0 of Speedcontrol script available

The new version 1.1.0 of Speedcontrol mainly fixes some issues with the presets, escpecially the ones for GPO. It also introduces an alternative performance view which will give a better layout when being used together with the "GPO - second edition" instruments.

Re: New KSP script available: speedcontrol

Hi Speed,

I finally got to try your script today. The new version works well, there were a few places where it didn't respond as I expected. I am going to go back and read the documentation and then I'll get back with you if I am still having issues.

One minor thing, it is rather difficult to read the drop down list due to the small font size. Not sure you can do anything with that without moving the whole drop down to the left (otherwise the text would get clipped).

Thank you for your generosity!

Go Back to forum