• Register
  • Help

Topic: Part II, Rosentulpenelken

Share/Bookmark

Part II, Rosentulpenelken

I seem to be doing this one wrong end first, but that is not unusual for me. I often write the last part and then figure out how to get there from somewhere.

Part I is finished but the score is not as legible as I would like, so I will work on it a bit more. When it is finished, I will post a new thread, with links to all three parts so you may see how it fits together. Part II is quiet, almost restful, hiding between the rather boisterous parts. I would upload the whole thing in one mp3 except that it would take a minimum of 1'40 to upload it.

Rosentupenelken (Part II)

The mp3 is a good listen, since it was made using GPO Steinway.

If you have or want to download the free Scorch plug in, you can view the score. But the Scorch playback is not so good. You can improve it by selecting GPO Studio as playback device, with GPO Steinway in slots 1 & 2.

Richard

Re: Part II, Rosentulpenelken

Richard

A beautiful and delicate piece. It seem diabolically difficult to play I particularly like the change around bar 69.

If I can make one comment: the last note is cut off too soon. I think the duration is right but it cuts too soon for the note to fade away.....

Very nice indeed.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

A most suitable companion to Part I, which I was also
    quite fond of, Richard. With Louis, I was taken with
    the delicacy and subtlety of it.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi Richard,

I really like your harmony in this piece. You have a very unique voice. I enjoyed the frantic sections where the right hand gets a workout, like measures 24, 37 and 54. A nice change of pace at measure 64 as well.

Unfortunately, I can't play this, it is a bit too difficult for me. But it would be a good excercise piece for me if I took it a page at a time. If I could do that with my left hand, I would be very happy!

Thanks for sharing Richard,
    Kenny

Well, I thank you all for your comments. I think I achieved my aim here, which was twofold. For the middle movement, I wanted to write something gentle and delicate and I wanted it to be serial. It is strictly serial, as I recall, without deviation. I wanted to prove that such a thing was possible and that I could do it. I am somewhat surprised that the serial nature was not mentioned. I deliberately avoided the convention of displaying the tone row, as I thought it would be quite obvious.

Louis, the problem with the last note has been fixed, but a new mp3 not yet uploaded. The problem derived from the last note being a short duration note in the bass, two octaves below the treble, which was being held for a longer duration. Thus, it had decayed somewhat, and when the bass note was struck, that is all that was heard, and it ended too abruptly. The solution was to extend both notes and add a pedal event in a new bar.

Richard

Good morning, Richard

I'm reviving this thread of yours, because despite it being on the Sibelius site instead of Box, I used the semi-obscure "download" button which is down at the left below the displayed score. In other words--THis time I was able to listen from your Sibelius page.

And I enjoyed the listen very much. I love going places where I don't usually visit--and your music is in such a different realm from the one I "live" in, that it makes the visits to your pieces very rewarding.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum