• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adrenaline and vapour?

Share/Bookmark

Adrenaline and vapour?

I was thinking that I have plenty of material on orchestral stuff (can never have neough though), but I'm really missing some more electronic, pop ellements.

So, as I have plenty of EW stuff I thought of Adrenaline and Vapor. Reason is that the demos don't sound really bad, but mainly the price. For £60 (including VAT), you get both! which is a pretty fair price I say.

But, outside SOL forums, what is your opinion really?

I don't need anything right now, but will do in the future. Either way don't intend to spend much!

Thank you for your help

Re: Adrenaline and vapour?

I think vapor is a great value, has its own sound and plenty of content to work with.

I didn't like either of them when they came out. The new price is more in keeping with their utility IMO -- they're only $50 each in the states, which is like 25 pounds these days, so if you have a friend who will buy and ship them, you can save a bunch of money. Personally, I wouldn't pay $120 each for them.

NI's Massive, while more expensive ($300 US), has *way* better sounds IMO, and is much more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindrop
    . Personally, I wouldn't pay $120 each for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas
    For £60 (including VAT), you get both!

Yup, from the SOL in europe it's 45 euros, including VAT. That is £30 for each one.

One question that's been bugging me is this: While with orchestral stuff, if you want realism you stick to what you got (no plug-ins etc), with dance/loops/etc I tend to use everything I got to make new interesting sounds. Bandpasses, fuzz, distortions, you name it.

I am rather worried that both vapor and adrenaline have limited things to play with. I mean can vapor create new sounds, even to a certain degree? Same with adrenaline. Cause otherwise I should know that I'm just buying some samples (vapor) and some loops (adrenaline). but I am hoping that it's something more than that. No?

Hi Nikolas,

I have adrenaline and thats only because it was bundled with Kontakt 2.
    If electronica is what there are many others that will give you more options, though they will cost more......
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

I bought both Adreneline and Vapor early this year. IMO they are well worth the price here in the states, around $50 each. They of course are very electronic sounding. If those are the types of sounds you are seeking. I think both instruments are pretty flexible as far as reshaping sounds. In vapor you have categorys of samples of which you can combine up to eight( as long as your computer can handle it). Each one of those "voices" has its own effects, filters, and ADSR envelopes. It uses disk streaming so to not be too taxing on your RAM. Adreneline is also cool IMO. there are some pretty clever things one can do with effects and the INTAKT engine. Hope that helps. Tim

You might possibly be better off with Stylus RMX and The collection and Textural Rex from Nine Volt Audio. If funds allow get Atmosphere too it is fabulous....

Analog Factory from Arturia and Zero-gs Nostalgia would also come in handy...
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Oooops. That's what happens when I try to do math in the morning

Go Back to forum