• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: "Choir #02"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Choir #02"

    I originally posted this in the General Discussion section because it contains no GPO samples. Somebody moved it to this section.

    Larry


    All,

    This is a rewrite of my "Choir #02", an a capella work. I used no reverb. The "cathedral" voice samples are "pre-reverbed".

    I posted it in this section because there are no GPO samples in it.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Choir #02"

    I really enjoyed this melody, Larry!

    Not sure if I heard this arrangement in another instrument.. sounds familiar.

    Still, the vocal harmony is wonderful, It would be great to hear this done in a "Word builder" type of choir library, whereby words/vowels are sung. ( would be allot of work though )

    Great arrangement!

    ~Jeff

  3. #3

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    I really enjoyed this melody, Larry!

    Not sure if I heard this arrangement in another instrument.. sounds familiar.

    Still, the vocal harmony is wonderful, It would be great to hear this done in a "Word builder" type of choir library, whereby words/vowels are sung. ( would be allot of work though )

    Great arrangement!

    ~Jeff
    Thank you, Mr. Jeff.

    I don't own a "word-builder" type of library. I wish that I could afford it. These voices are from Kurzweil.

    I have never programmed this comp in another "instrument". I just finished rewriting it this morning. (04/15/07)

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member rpearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,904

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Larry,

    In the past, there have been some suggestions that you write something more "introspective", or words to that effect. I thought the opening section was just that - and it was beautiful. I think it would be a profitable area to explore.

    Very different from you other works - just when you think you know someone...


    Ron
    Ron Pearl

    Website:

    ronaldmpearl.com

    myspace:

    http://myspace.com/rmpearl

  5. #5

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Larry,

    In the past, there have been some suggestions that you write something more "introspective", or words to that effect. I thought the opening section was just that - and it was beautiful. I think it would be a profitable area to explore.

    Very different from you other works - just when you think you know someone...


    Ron
    My goodness! What a nice thing to say. Thank you, Mr. Ron.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Very nicely done, Larry. I'll bet you will go hog wild if Gary comes out with a choir library so you can orchestrate the voices with orchestral accompaniment.

    Liked the major/minor changes and the "unprepared" modulations. A really good choir library would do this piece the justice it deserves.

    BRAVO

    Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

  7. #7

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Very nicely done, Larry. I'll bet you will go hog wild if Gary comes out with a choir library so you can orchestrate the voices with orchestral accompaniment.

    Liked the major/minor changes and the "unprepared" modulations. A really good choir library would do this piece the justice it deserves.

    BRAVO

    Jack
    Those are sometimes called "shock modulations" because of the unexpectedness of them.

    It pleases me that you liked it, Mr. Jack. Many thanks to you for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Lovely work, Larry... quite moving, particularly the opening section.

    I know a Garritan Choir is in the works; something we can all look
    forward to.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Lovely work, Larry... quite moving, particularly the opening section.

    I know a Garritan Choir is in the works; something we can all look
    forward to.

    My best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    I have always enjoyed writing for voices, Mr. Dave.

    Thank you for the good words.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Choir #02"

    Larry -

    Have you written for voice before? If you've written for a choir, do you have a recording of the performance? If so, please share!

    Put some real voices to this composition, place them in a large cathederal and I am certain that a glorious sound will come forth as if angels were singing. I love the sound of such a compositional style sung by voice.

    This is a beautiful work, Larry.

    Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •