• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first shot with project SAM brass

Share/Bookmark

My first shot with project SAM brass

Hey guys,
    I just got in Project SAM complete Brass Library, so I decided to write a little something to sequence and see what it sounded like. So I wrote this little piece of music that is supposed to play a TV show into a commercial Break. I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments that you can give me.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/309518

Re: My first shot with project SAM brass

project SAM brass,
    I don't see that on the list of Garritan products.
    Anyway the connection was that slow I didn't listen

Ray

AH! I see--it's Very short--I pushed the button at the site a few times thinking maybe I'd missed something.

Yes, it's Very "Dallas" into commercial break. Good TV scoring emulation for sure.

The brass sounds good too. I feel the GPO brass could do the job just as well, especially if mixed a bit with some JABB brass.--I think Ray's post meant he thought we were only posting Garritan-generated pieces here. I'm not sure that's really the case, and you, Silbelius, are certainly known as a Garritan user--So I don't think this demo of Project SAM bothers me.

Randy
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    AH! I see--it's Very short--I pushed the button at the site a few times thinking maybe I'd missed something.

Yes, it's Very "Dallas" into commercial break. Good TV scoring emulation for sure.

The brass sounds good too. I feel the GPO brass could do the job just as well, especially if mixed a bit with some JABB brass.--I think Ray's post meant he thought we were only posting Garritan-generated pieces here. I'm not sure that's really the case, and you, Silbelius, are certainly known as a Garritan user--So I don't think this demo of Project SAM bothers me.

Randy
    (rbowser)
    Thank you sir,
    I am new at this whole thing, and I decided to repost it in the sample libraries area as a project SAM demo. Although some of the percussion on the tract is GPO so I'll just try and be more mindful of where I post.
    And thank you for your comment.

Oops,

too short for any comment

As Ray said, this is not the right room to post a result composed with ProjectSam... .

EDIT: Oh, that was cleared..., smile.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

With regrets, Sib -- I couldn't get this to play, no
    matter what I did... have tried several times.

Can you provide a direct link to the mp3, perhaps?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum