• Register
  • Help

Topic: Project SAM Demo

Share/Bookmark

Project SAM Demo

Hey Guys,
    Here's something that I programmed using Project SAM Brass. It's just something I threw together to try and get used to programming. Tell me what you think.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/309518

Re: Project SAM Demo

s204,
    Do you have any idea why I cannot find a song to play or download from that URL in IE7 or FF2? [Edit: Now it works.] [Edit 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    How did you get it to work in FF2?
    I think it is a Quicktime issue in both browsers. When I refreshed the pages, saw nothing, and gave up, leaving their tabs open in both IE7 and FF2 after a while they triggered the Quicktime plugin and when I switched back to the tabs to close them, I could see the plugin and play the song.] [Edit 2: I have attempted in January to make a short song like sibelius204's that I imaginatively titled CMD2007Jan23BrassQuartet to refine various techniques with the only commercial virtual instrument library I have, EWQL Colossus. I uploaded it here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=659330 (for my production notes click on "lyrics/story").] [Edit 3:
    Quote Originally Posted by sibelius204
    I listened to your piece. It's nice and builds pretty well. Is the sound set you used EWQL Colossus, or is it Sonic Implants? 'Cause on the top of your mp3 window it says it was done with sonic implants. Also is your sit that you use free?
    I appreciate your kind evaluation and only now realize that I did not comment on your piece, so I will do so now: I like your use of different articulations, yet only partially grasp your effort, having few articulations to choose from in my own works. I have only Colossus as I wrote above and in the "lyrics/story." There is a good bit of information on how I got that sound from the limited sample pool of Colossus in the song "story" where I put my production notes. Soundclick features paid advertisements in the playback windows that I believe initially confuse people--including myself; someone happens to have paid for an add for his song in which he used the Sonivox Complete Symphonic Collection. One can freely create an artist account at Soundclick provided that that one uploads mp3s of 10MB or less each and encoded at 128KBPS or less, which I feel is reasonable.]
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cmdratz
    s204,
    Do you have any idea why I cannot find a song to play or download from that URL in IE7 or FF2? [Edit: Now it works.]
    How did you get it to work in FF2?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdratz
    s204,
    Do you have any idea why I cannot find a song to play or download from that URL in IE7 or FF2? [Edit: Now it works.] [Edit 2: I think it is a Quicktime issue in both browsers. When I refreshed the pages, saw nothing, and gave up, leaving their tabs open in both IE7 and FF2 after a while they triggered the Quicktime plugin and when I switched back to the tabs to close them, I could see the plugin and play the song.] [Edit 2: I have attempted in January to make a short song like sibelius204's that I imaginatively titled CMD2007Jan23BrassQuartet to refine various techniques with the only commercial virtual instrument library I have, EWQL Colossus. I uploaded it here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=659330 (for my production notes click on "lyrics/story").]
    Hey man,
    Sorry about it not loading correctly you two are the first with that complaint (of course I just set up that account earlier today). Although some other people have mentioned having trouble with that player as well. I listened to your piece. It's nice and builds pretty well. Is the sound set you used EWQL Colossus, or is it Sonic Implants? 'Cause on the top of your mp3 window it says it was done with sonic implants. Also is your sit that you use free?

Go Back to forum