• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ultimate Piano Collection - Akai

Ultimate Piano Collection - Akai

Dear all

I was wondering if anyone has tried converting the akai samples in this library into other formats with any succsess? I'm wondering about picking up a copy and converting it to soundfont which integrates better with my computer, or to kontakt for playback. Obviously it is a tiny library compared to what is out there now (and I can't wait for Garritan Steinway), and I wondered if anyone has any thoughts?

Re: Ultimate Piano Collection - Akai

I think I imported this into Kontakt, way back when I got Kontakt for the first time. Wasn't this the library where the piano's range was split up, with just a couple of octaves in each partition. I've a feeling I imported each program into Kontakt, then copied and pasted the range from each separate program into a combined program, which I then saved in Kontakt format. There didn't seem to be any diffculty - the samples converted just fine. I haven't tried using it in any music, though, so I couldn't comment on how playable it was.

Re: Ultimate Piano Collection - Akai

Tried importing into giga once and it wasn't that great. Problem is that there's allot of variable rate sampling in there that gets pretty funky when converted.

Go Back to forum