• Register
  • Help

Topic: Showreel comments please

Showreel comments please

I've put together a "showreel", downloadable here:

Almost all orchestral instruments are GPO, the solo violin is Strad. There are of course lots of other instruments, also some played live. My site is only in finnish for the time being, sorry. Here's a list of the studio gear and software:

Here you can find some longer demos, again only in finnish:

Comments about my music are welcome, I really aim to get better in this!

Re: Showreel comments please

cool stuff man. it was an interesting and diverse mix of music. you obviously have a lot of areas in music that you feel comfortable with. my favorite section was the second half - more specifically the east asian piece, the bluegrass piece, and the near east piece. i would like to hear the full versions of some of these. look forward to some complete posts from you.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quite an incredibly diverse mix, Jouni! I'm dizzy!

All of it excellent, too... a highly polished and professional reel.

I hope you'll also submit some individual works for us to
    listen to, as well.

My best,

Hi Jouni,

very gooood music on your website! Do you work as a filmcomposer?

It seems that you are at home in many difficult musicstyles, cool!

Best regards

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

One aperatif after another. The reel is fun to listen to and the juxtaposition of styles is great fun. I agree that I look forward to some work from you which explores one or more of these delightful excerpts.

Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Wilton, NH

So many different styles and all nicely done and nicely produced. I kind of wish that each clip was a little longer, never the less, it did give a good idea of the extreme range of music you do. I have a hard enough time working with just one genre.....
    Trent P. McDonald

Jounio, your talent is very diverse.
    Thanks for sharing!

Smile Re: Showreel comments please

Hi all, thanks for the positive comments! I've done a lot of music for theatre, also music for some commercials and product videos. I've also produced music for other artists. Quite recently I did my first movie score, nothing too big, just a 18 min student film (zero pay...) . But I had so much fun doing it! It was the first audiovisual production where I actually could score to -picture- instead of just a script. I am trying to get more of that kind of work (like so many others out there...), preferably for a reasonable pay at some point ;-)

If you have a faster connetion do download a part of the movie which is music from start to end (VMW Windows media file / 2,57 mins / 11 megs). There's some sentimental stuff at the beginning, the end is a nightmare scene.

[url]http://jounilehtonen.com/Musiikki/drs sample1.wmv

Thanks again, I hope I will also get some critic, as that's where one can learn.

Go Back to forum