• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Beethoven's 5th Symphony - Animated Score

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Beethoven's 5th Symphony - Animated Score

Here is one of the most well-known symphonic works realized with GPO and the Stradivar Solo Violin - Beethoven's 5th Symphony

Thanks to Haydn for the original sequence and to DPDan for mixing and rendering his interpretation. Thanks to Lukpcn for doing the score and and many thanks to Sean for animating the score. We may also sync it to an orchestra and provide study notes as well when we're finished.

Let me know what you think. This is a work in progress.

What do you think can be done to make this better?

Gary Garritan

To Play - click the play button below

Re: Beethoven's 5th Symphony - Animated Score

That kicks all kinds of ~~~. Thanks for all the work, guys.

UN...BELIEVE...ABLE!!!!! STU...PEN...DOUS!!! I am totally blown away. This is just what I have been waiting for and longing for. I am so inspired by this. I shall be locked in my room for months now. I've fallen and I can't get up after seeing and listening to this body of work. Brilliant work. Thanks for sharing, but How did you do it. Please share unless it is some top secret project.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

I don't know how you guys are getting it to work, the sound plays and every once in a while the red wiper moves and a new page appears.

The sound quality has some oscillation/harmonics that are not part of the harmonies. I believe this is due to the really low (what sounds like 64 kbps) setting. It is really noticable in french horn lines where tones are more pure.
    I assume it looks cool I wish I could see it.
    Thank you Gary and Sean for doing this, how cool!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I don't know how you guys are getting it to work, the sound plays and every once in a while the red wiper moves and a new page appears.

The sound quality has some oscillation/harmonics that are not part of the harmonies. I believe this is due to the really low (what sounds like 64 kbps) setting. It is really noticable in french horn lines where tones are more pure.
    I assume it looks cool I wish I could see it.
    Thank you Gary and Sean for doing this, how cool!
    Dan
    Having the same problem here.

such a shame too, because I LOVE Dan's rendering of this.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

The audio is gritty, but the video is playing fine here... are you both on Macs?

I'll keep trying to find a way to get the animation in sync with a pure Flash file... maybe there's something I can do with ActionScript.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    The audio is gritty, but the video is playing fine here... are you both on Macs?

I'll keep trying to find a way to get the animation in sync with a pure Flash file... maybe there's something I can do with ActionScript.
    I am on both a Mac and a PC - both have weird unsync'd playback.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

The red line on the score is about one bar out of synch for most of the movement. But otherwise a brilliant job. Most conductors stretch the half beat rest between the opening phrases. But, as said above, GPO is for performing a score in your own way, not simply hooking sounds to notes.

What an amazing job!
    Yes, the audio does seem to be too bit-compressed, and the wiper is is trailing behind the music, but, what an achievement nonetheless! Bravo!
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

It is a very well made work and kudos to all involved.

If you don't mind a couple of observations.

I am used, to the fermatas in the intro to last a while longer, but as mentioned it is a matter of performance and opinion probably.

The other things have to do with the score.

It could be better for following the score to have
    i. abbreviations of the instruments on the side of every page (Vln. I, Fl., etc) so that one can follow at ease what's going on orchestrationally and
    ii. it could work better probably to group the different orchestral sections with a line at the end (strings together, woods together, etc), so that the viewer reaching the end of the page will know immediately where are the 1st violins, the flute, the f hrn etc...

The mp3, as mentioned is ratehr low quality, but either way this is a great work and again congratualtions to all involved!

Go Back to forum