• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: choir

Share/Bookmark

choir

When you compose and you want to have a choir there, what do you do? How can I do "aah voice" or "ooh voice", because I heard some in listening room.

Re: choir

Quote Originally Posted by kavis
    When you compose and you want to have a choir there, what do you do? How can I do "aah voice" or "ooh voice", because I heard some in listening room.
    You buy a choir library. There are many available from Bela D Media (children's choirs), Spectrasonics, EWQL (wordbuilder), and others.

Garritan is currently developing a choir library - which will probably innovate the genre, as is VSL.

Or you can of course record a real choir, but that is probably not the answer you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    You buy a choir library. There are many available from Bela D Media (children's choirs), Spectrasonics, EWQL (wordbuilder), and others.

Garritan is currently developing a choir library - which will probably innovate the genre, as is VSL.

Or you can of course record a real choir, but that is probably not the answer you're looking for.
    The Spectrasonics left me breathless. This one has been moved to the top of the wish list.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    The Spectrasonics left me breathless. This one has been moved to the top of the wish list.
    Yep, SOV has a fantastic sound. It was the first library I ever bought, back in the days of AKAI, and I'm still loving it now. Probably the best musical purchase I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Yep, SOV has a fantastic sound. It was the first library I ever bought, back in the days of AKAI, and I'm still loving it now. Probably the best musical purchase I ever made.
    I've yet to venture into Spectrasonics' waters. I'm terribly afraid that once I get one of their products I'm going to want them all. Everything I've heard about SOV, Trilogy, Atmoshpere, and especially Stylus is fantastic. And I know if I experience it, there'll be no turning back.

Sort of like how I have every Garritan product...

Thanks friends! I am gonna to find sth about those libraries.
    Tom

Works Symphony Of Voices also with Finale?

so are these libraries useful for anything other than the vocal "pad" effects that they have as their demos? my first impression was "nice", sounds like background music for a TV show or for a low budget movie.

are these libraries of any use to someone writing concert works?
    will they work with notation programmes like Finale?
    can they be used along with GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    so are these libraries useful for anything other than the vocal "pad" effects that they have as their demos? my first impression was "nice", sounds like background music for a TV show or for a low budget movie.

are these libraries of any use to someone writing concert works?
    will they work with notation programmes like Finale?
    can they be used along with GPO?
    SOV is vowels only, so yes it is most suited to sustains and pads (it does have moving vowels too). The other newer libraries have word building capabilities, which makes them the choice for exposed choir passages.But the sound of SOV is just so great that I fall back on it whenever I can. It's full and round without ever screeching, whereas my other libraries tend towards a harsher sound. (I don't have Giovani though, which I suspect may be the best of both worlds.)

I'm waiting for Garritan Choir!
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum